Screens of The Dark Knight cancelled videogame - not fake.

Started by GuedesGothamKnight, Thu, 29 Jan 2009, 13:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

I don't know if the backgrounds are indeed from this cancelled TDK movie game (funny by the way that TDK spells like the well-known Videotape/CD/DVD manufacturer), the funny thing is that they look more "Gotham" than the Gotham/Chicago from the film  :P.

They are okay....nothing special as far as I can see though. We have Batman Arkham Asylum coming anyway.

Yeah, the game's Gotham looks very good. It's a lame that we don't get a TDK game.  >:(
But Arkham Asylum is coming!  ;D. Now that looks like a great game!
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Now here is a thing I liked about some good old Batman video games (Batman 89 for Mega Drive/Genesis or Batman Returns for Super NES): the scenery, the backgrounds. Gotham feels like a living character, not some plain buildings and cityscape. I played the other day Lego Batman at a friend that has PS3, and I saw that they did an excellent job with their Gotham, it even had the  Plaza statues from Batman Returns, rendered as huge lego figurines :)

What I fear about Arkham Asylum is that it might contain too much of what I call "dreary industrial corridors". Some of the best games in modern era (see e.g. "God of War") are the best because of the excellent and interesting backgrounds you see while you beat or shoot other guys.

Yep, plaza statues are present. Lego Batman is great. Play the Penguin levels, a huge Batman Returns vibe. It's winter, snowing, ice around, a bridge with water under it...it is magnificent. If only they made a real deal Returns game, as with Batman (1989).

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  1 Feb  2009, 02:29
Lego Batman is great. Play the Penguin levels, a huge Batman Returns vibe. It's winter, snowing, ice around, a bridge with water under it...it is magnificent. If only they made a real deal Returns game, as with Batman (1989).

Those games should be made in honor of the 20th anniversary of Batman's film history.

The only way we could see such games would be if Lego Batman was a movie adaptation of the films, like Star Wars and Indy. I'd love to see them as well as anyone, but such a concept is highly unlikely when you consider licensing rights (the currrent movies and the comics are the face of Batman for the general public), VG production budgets (it costs to make a game with movie production values) and the marketability of the final product (who would buy it except die hards like us?) There's people who would like to see a cell-shaded high quality game based on the original 90s Animated Series (before the crap of the New Adventures, the Batman or other stuff). No such luck.

Sun, 1 Feb 2009, 02:56 #9 Last Edit: Sun, 1 Feb 2009, 02:59 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: silenig on Sun,  1 Feb  2009, 02:52
The only way we could see such games would be if Lego Batman was a movie adaptation of the films, like Star Wars and Indy. I'd love to see them as well as anyone, but such a concept is highly unlikely when you consider licensing rights (the currrent movies and the comics are the face of Batman for the general public), VG production budgets (it costs to make a game with movie production values) and the marketability of the final product (who would buy it except die hards like us?) There's people who would like to see a cell-shaded high quality game based on the original 90s Animated Series (before the crap of the New Adventures, the Batman or other stuff). No such luck.

IMO, TNBA & the Batman are entertaining. Some of my reasons while I like them are the following: no campiness, the visual effects, etc. But one major factor is that Bruce Wayne is Batman in both cartoons! ;)

It's Batman Beyond & its movie that are complete crap. I can't even consider them to be anything of Batman b/c Bruce Wayne isn't Batman in Beyond, & that's COMPLETE crap! >:(