Is it time for a nostalgic re-release?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Wed, 26 Dec 2012, 17:38

Previous topic - Next topic
We're in a age now in which films from the past make a return leap to the big screen. Just this Christmas it was 1990's "Home Alone" that was the next to recieve the honour. Previous returns have included Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and Star Wars, often as a means of promoting an upcoming blu ray release.

Given Batman's newfound popularity (and a certain 20th anniversary that was sadly ignored by Warners and missed entirely by Hot toys) is it not time to see the Batman films make a big screen comeback? Keaton's have always been my favourite since they were still current in the mid 90's but I have never seen them on the big screen. It does make a massive difference despite some who would claim a modern day dvd sound system is all the cinematic excellence you'll need. So how about it? Should we request a cinematic re-showing? I wouldn't mind seeing any of the films return to the screen but the Keaton ones are obviously the key. I wouldn't want to see a flashy 3D conversion or any of that nonsense. Just a good old fashioned special screening.