Christian Bale's Batman Audition

Started by BatmAngelus, Sun, 22 Sep 2013, 02:19

Previous topic - Next topic
... the special feature that irritated me was this:

QuoteChristopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.

description from the press release

...anyways, all I really care about is owning the films themselves. Most of these extras will inevitably surface on YT sometime in the near future.

Despite me not being a huge nolan batman fan like the rest i will say this...i kinda geeked out when seeing bale in the val's sonar suit however BatmAngelus i think the sonar suit was a metallic grey cause during batman forever where the lighting is just right the suit was really metallic grey they just repainted repainted both in the audition & in the batman cameo in looney tunes back in action.  :D
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Burton's always going to be downplayed like that, though. It's funny that he's been accenting the pop culture landscape for almost thirty years now and people still look at his films as "too weird" it seems. Tim's Batman flicks will always have a certain "they're weird" stigma attached. I mean, I remember in the 90s, my parents didn't like me watching his films because they were considered too subversive in the wake of Edward Scissorhands and especially Batman Returns. That soccer mom mentality that his stuff warps young minds. Funny now though how much of it has died down at the local level--if the new Frankenweenie had been released in the 90s there would have been an outcry similar to the one that followed The Nightmare Before Christmas, I think.

So that explains the 'professional' shaft his Batman films get when discussing the legacy of the character, since Nolan's approach sates the 'family-friendly-but-not-colorful-like-Schumacher' thirst consumers have. I wouldn't expect any WB press material now to give Tim any credit for the forwarding of comic book films, even though it really is him and Dick Donner, along with maybe Sam Raimi coming up the rear.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

^ word.

It's been a while since comic book film history was re-written to remove the "unwanted" parts, one has to face it...

Anyone know why Maggie Gylenhall wasn't cast in Batman Begins? We talk about how unfair the love interests were in the spidey films in the sense that we had to endure 3 films of Dunst and only got 2 of Stone; well here we had to endure a full film of Holmes but only got a half film of Gylenhall.