Applied Sciences= Fox Department?

Started by phantom stranger, Sun, 25 Apr 2010, 04:12

Previous topic - Next topic
According to Wikipedia, "applied sciences" can be anything from engineering to energy to nanotechnology.

So I find it odd that Wayne Enterprises would have a department under such a broad title. Yet, Bruce tells Earle that he's interested in just that.

What's odder is that Earle responds, "Oh, the Fox Department." So apparently, we are to understand that Lucius Fox runs an entire department known as applied sciences.

Yet, when Bruce arrives he finds a largely abandoned area which Fox himself refers to as a "dead end" because he was asking too many questions.

So you mean to tell me that (at the time in question) Applied Sciences is a dead-end in Wayne Enterprises? If so, what's their primary business? Catering?

Bottom line: I think there was an technical error in the script. They should've made Fox have a small subdivision within "applied sciences." Perhaps it's the military tech division?

Also, was it really necessary to have him be the one that helped build the train system? So in addition to having degrees in physics and chemistry he's also a train engineer?

/end rant

Sun, 24 Oct 2010, 09:21 #1 Last Edit: Sun, 24 Oct 2010, 10:09 by The Dark Knight
Yeah, I can enjoy Begins, but as long as I don't think about it too much.

Because Nolan's Batman uses mothballed Wayne Tech rejects, it's obvious that sooner or later, whoever designed those toys would notice that Batman uses the same Nomex survival suit, tank, grapple gun, and memory fabric he desisgned.

Burton's Batman, we can speculate, made most of his own gizmos himself or maybe bought one or two off the rack somewhere. Either way, they're untraceable so it's nothing to worry about.

But, like Mr. Reese displayed, it's awfully easy for someone in the loop to connect those items disappearing from the Wayne Tech archives to approximately the time Bruce Wayne returned and Batman surfaced.