Batman: Arkham Origins

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 9 Apr 2013, 16:19

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sun, 18 Aug  2013, 20:01
No. To tell the truth, of all these items pictured below, only the game itself and the artbook seem interesting...  8)

I completely agree. The art book appeals, but I'm not buying a whole set of other stuff just for it. I'll just get the game case. All of the DLC will be made available eventually. And in that time, I'll have put a big dent in the story and side missions, etc.

Just popping in again. I watched the E3 demo again. The crime scene reconstruction is growing on me. The nakatomi building...i mean the royal hall looks great. I wasn't really on board with the injection of a slightly 'more real' approach to the design, because so much of it harkened to Nolan's trilogy(Costume, etc), but seeing this once more, I like the 'Die Hard' look their going with for the heightened reality aspects. Still looks too smooth for an Arkhamverse game, but it works for 'flash back' appeal. "Everything was less trashy back then."

Sat, 21 Sep 2013, 15:55 #52 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Sep 2013, 16:02 by Gotham Knight
http://www.exophase.com/game/ozzy-codename-xbox/achievements/

Apparently, the achievement list has leaked. Among other things, looks like the Riddler will be returning in some form with his trophies..er or rather trophy. Seems you get the first when you "collect every collectable." Maybe a first appearance scenario, where you'll probably be asked to unravel the mystery of his identity? Maybe it'll play out like Hush...flag for further investigation.

Normally I'm not too fussed about bonus costumes. But the prospect of playing as the Adam West Batman has got me fired up for this game. I just wish they could have got West to record an alternate voice track for when that costume is equipped. Onomatopoeic text to punctuate his attacks would have been cool too. But the costume itself looks great.

Not sure if anyone's mention this yet, but an "I am the Night" will be a new mode unlock, available after game completion. In addition to game plus, it act as a speed run, I suppose. No saves, permadeaths...I sure hope it doesn't have a special unlockable. Probably the "nightmare skin."  >:(

Joker voice actor Troy Baker reading from "The Killing Joke" at New York Comic-Con!

Also, they announced the Electrocutioner as a new assassin. Haven't seen him in a Batman game since the 1989 NES movie game!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sun, 13 Oct  2013, 17:57
Joker voice actor Troy Baker reading from "The Killing Joke" at New York Comic-Con!

Brilliant - Troy may as well be Mark Hamill. He's got the voice down pat.

This is for all the fans that think a Batman game can't be done without Conroy or Hammill.

TV spot for Arkham Origins