Gotham by Gaslight

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 25 Mar 2013, 21:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 16 Feb  2014, 16:42
I'm surprised they haven't adapted more Elseworld titles before now (not counting the TDKR films). There's little to no continuity between these animated movies anyway, so it makes sense to adapt stories that are set in their own self-contained universes. And if the Gotham by Gaslight feature should prove popular, they could follow it up with an adaption of Master of the Future.

Ask and ye shall receive: http://www.cbr.com/batman-gotham-by-gaslight-animated-movie-announced/

In recent years, Gotham by Gaslight has become a serious contender for the top spot on my favourite Batman comics list. If no one else minds, I'd like to write the Batman-Online review for the animated film when it's released.

There's so much perfect about Gotham By Gaslight. I've got a couple of minor quibbles about it but the good FAR outweighs the quibbles. This is the first animated feature I've been excited about in a long time.

Good news. I think GBG is the best Batman Elseworlds story of all time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Red Son was announced in the near future.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 10 Jul  2017, 09:46I wouldn't be surprised if Red Son was announced in the near future.
I would. I'd be shocked, actually. Considering the political situation at least in America right now, that would be a kind of oddball choice.

Or perhaps it would be the perfect choice.

Either way, I'd be amazed if it happens.

A Superman Elseworlds animated feature to compliment the Batman Elseworlds feature would match nicely in my opinion.

The nothing burger that is RUSSIA! needs to be lampooned. Drive the liberal MSM into a frenzy. They may even explode.

Decided to check the original out after hearing about the animated movie and totally LOVED it. Totally love Master of the Future too. This would make an amazing ongoing series, or a video game or something. I love the way it shows (like someone said earlier) how Batman is truly not confined to any era in time and there are so many possibilities with this (feudal Japan? ancient Egypt? imagine Catwoman in that one lol), but right before the turn of the 20th century makes a great setting. I loved the nods to real life like having Buffalo Bill and Thomas Edison in MOTF too. I had to giggle at the old lady's skepticism of Edison's box with moving pictures. ;D

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  1 Aug  2017, 04:08
Decided to check the original out after hearing about the animated movie and totally LOVED it. Totally love Master of the Future too. This would make an amazing ongoing series, or a video game or something. I love the way it shows (like someone said earlier) how Batman is truly not confined to any era in time and there are so many possibilities with this (feudal Japan? ancient Egypt? imagine Catwoman in that one lol), but right before the turn of the 20th century makes a great setting. I loved the nods to real life like having Buffalo Bill and Thomas Edison in MOTF too. I had to giggle at the old lady's skepticism of Edison's box with moving pictures. ;D
Good to hear you like it. If you liked this one, I also recommend Batman & Dracula: Red Rain, and I guess the others in the series too. But I particularly liked Red Rain. It's very Tim Burton.

I alternate between Gotham By Gaslight and Red Rain as far as which one I like more. I love GBG for imagination. But it's hard to beat RR for atmosphere. Like you say, very Burtonish in some ways. Very enjoyable.