Video: DC fans love Ben Affleck

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 21 Oct 2018, 12:05

Previous topic - Next topic
I found this video of fans all over the world paying tribute to Ben Affleck for his performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman and wish him well, following the news over his return to rehab a couple of months ago.

A nice gesture to all involved for expressing their passion for the actor's take on the character. My favourite scene of Bruce Wayne would definitely have to be his valiant rescuing of Wallace Keefe and the little girl during the Metropolis flashback scene, where he his paranoia over Superman and his descent to misguided vengeance began. I love the despair and anger Affleck conveys in his eyes as he looks up to the sky watching Superman battling Zod, cradling the girl in his arms who is now orphaned.

As Batman? It would have to be his confrontation with Lex in jail in the Ultimate Edition, where he spares Lex the brand. It's a nice touch that implies he has found his sense of morals and renewed hope after inspired by Superman's sacrifice.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei