89 batman suit

Started by quietontheset, Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 04:04

Previous topic - Next topic
I was lucky enough to be able to visit a friend of a friend and he had multiple bat cowls and screen used suits in his impressive collection of screen used items.

This was his Batman suit complete from head to toe all screen used.

this was awesome to see in person and I regret not grabbing my nice camera from the car and i apologize for the cell phone pictures but it's still good to see the suit. I felt like a little boy again. One thing that struck me was how small Keaton was when I approached it. The suit stands on a 4 inch tall display platform and I was as tall as the suit and I'm 6 foot 1.

Enjoy.

Those eyes are freaky.

I love his Lon Chaney, Sr., Lon Chaney, Jr. and Bela Luosi busts.

Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 15:37 #3 Last Edit: Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 15:46 by PJ
Difficult to say not being able to see the suit fully, but that belt isn't accurate.

Other than that, good for him. I'd love a full suit, right now I only have the cowl from the production. Maybe one day.

I'd love to hear the history behind this suit if your friend feels like sharing and some more photos would be even better  ;) ;D
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 15:45 #4 Last Edit: Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 15:48 by The Dark Knight
This is tied with Returns as the best Batman suit. The way Keaton's costume restricts his movements makes his fighting seem more professional, more calculating. This isn't really the thread for that discussion, but anyway.

this room feels like a haven for fans of genre movies ;D

The owner of this suit also owns a batman and Robin bat suit along with a Bane mask and multiple batman cowls from 89 and Returns along with chest emblems from all of the films. He probably has the most impressive collection of screen used props I have seen in one spot. It was neat walking through the house and freaking out when I saw something and around the next corner was something equally amazing. From what he said this is one of the hero suits and the cowl was in a few pieces when he got it and he took it to Dick Smith to try and have him fix it or restore it and Dick told told him to throw it away but he reassembled it and mounted it on a Keaton life bust then mounted that to a mannequin. I can tell you this is an authentic suit as it had the correct shoes and everything had some wear and tear to it from filming. I will try and get in touch with him and see if I can get some clear pics of the suit for everyone. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing my cannon out of the car. I would have loved to get the pics of the bane mask and the other cowls and suits he had.

Well... Next time you have the chance (if he agrees, of course), the more pictures of these wonderful items you show us, the better!

Quote from: silenig on Thu, 17 Sep  2009, 16:34
Well... Next time you have the chance (if he agrees, of course), the more pictures of these wonderful items you show us, the better!

I couldn't agree more! I'm on it.

I would VERY much like to see more pics of that 89 suit...and you mentioned that he has multiple copies of the 89 cowl?