How many Superman and Batman films have you seen in theatres?

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 10 Apr 2016, 15:45

Previous topic - Next topic
I always consider it a special time when a new Superman or Batman film is released. I was too young to see any of the Reeve Superman movies or Burton Batman flicks in theatres, but I've seen every Batman and Superman movie since 1995 on the big screen. Some of them I went to see multiple times. So all together, I've seen 8 Superman/Batman films in cinemas.

1.   Batman Forever
2.   Batman & Robin
3.   Batman Begins
4.   Superman Returns
5.   The Dark Knight
6.   The Dark Knight Rises
7.   Man of Steel
8.   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

What about everyone else? I know there are others on the site who've seen more than this. Is there anyone here who's seen every Superman and Batman film in theatres (we'll exclude Superman and the Mole Men since I don't think it's been rereleased theatrically since the fifties)? And what about other DC films? Will anyone own up to seeing Catwoman (2004) on the big screen?

Which film did you enjoy seeing in theatres the most? Which cinema-going experience was the most special? And which was the least special? Which film, if any, did you least enjoy seeing on the big screen?

I've never been a huge superman fan, I've seen all his films though

My list is
Batman and Robin
The dark Knight
The Dark Knight rises
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman

I think the Dark Knight was the best theatre experience, the crowd applaused twice- once when Gordon came back, once at the end of the film. The worst was the dark knight rises, I felt like there was the huge build up and no pay off. Batman and Robin despite all its controversy, while I did find it unrealistic I didn't hate the film or think it was a bad experience. It was entertaining and fun. Man of Steel while decently told was not fun.

For Superman: Superman Returns and Man of Steel

For Batman: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (actually never had the opportunity to see previous Bat-films on the big screen!)

Superman: The Movie (a few years ago at a film festival - such a great experience)
Superman 2 (I THINK...I have fleeting memories because I would have been very young but I was a Superman fan at the time, so it's possible my memories are correct)
Superman 3
Superman 4
Batman 89 (best cinema going experience ever thanks to my dad)
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins
Superman Returns
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel
BvS: Dawn of Justice

So the only ones I've missed is Batman Returns and Batman 66 - some day...

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace was my first Superman or Batman movie at the theatre.  :(

Batman & Robin was my second Superman or Batman movie at the theatre.  :( :(

I then saw all of TDK trilogy at the theatre, as well as Superman Returns and MOS.

I may see BvS, but at the moment I'm not too sure... :-\ (I've been burned too many times in the past...)

I did see Batman Returns on the big-screen at a British Film Institute Tim Burton Retrospective circa 2008, but I don't really count that because it wasn't 'first-run', and I'm guessing most of the audience were people who, like me, were already fans of the film/had seen the film numerous times before.

I regret missing Batman '89 and Batman Returns at the cinema, but I was deemed too young at the time (I believe they were both rated '12', whereas Superman IV was 'PG', and I was just a wee nipper when those films were on first-run), and I didn't bother with Batman Forever for whatever reason.

Funnily enough, my favourite Batman film is still the one I haven't seen on the big-screen (i.e. Batman '89), even though I consider the cinema to be the best way to watch movies, and a magical experience particularly when the film in question is as brilliant as Batman '89.  I do just about recall all the hype/marketing from '89 however, and a similar amount of hype/marketing in '92 when Batman Returns was about to be released.  Good times.  :)

Of my experiences of seeing Superman/Batman on the big-screen, Batman Returns in rep excluded, I'd have to say that TDK is my favourite.  Although I consider it to be slightly inferior to Batman '89, it's still a five-star classic IMHO and along with 2012's Avengers, the best CBM I've seen at the cinema.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Batman: Mask of Phantasm (scared to death of that Joker)
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Batman Begins (on IMAX, twice- with my dad the second time)
Superman Returns
The Dark Knight (once in regular theaters, again on IMAX with my father)
The Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel
The LEGO Movie  ;)
Batman v Superman
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Well so far it looks like ral holds the record for the most Batman/Superman films seen on the big screen. And BatmAngelus is the only person I know who actually saw Mask of the Phantasm in a theatre.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 18:51
Well so far it looks like ral holds the record for the most Batman/Superman films seen on the big screen. And BatmAngelus is the only person I know who actually saw Mask of the Phantasm in a theatre.
Mask of the Phantasm was a straight-to-video (remember those) release in the UK.  :(

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 18:51
Well, at least I'm the only one so far who has seen Batman Returns on the big screen, even if it was part of a retrospective.  ;)

I think Mask of the Phantasm was only released in about 3 theatres in the United States. Maybe 4. Which makes the fact BatmAngelus saw it all the more impressive.

By the way gobbs, it definitely does count that you saw Batman Returns. It may have been a re-release, but the fact remains you saw it on the big screen. Which is more than the rest of us.