Arkham Asylum/City patient interview tapes

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 15 Mar 2014, 03:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 15 Mar 2014, 03:52 Last Edit: Sat, 15 Mar 2014, 03:55 by The Laughing Fish
For those who played the Rocksteady games, what did you think of the patient interview tapes?

I found they added they were a great bonus to games; giving an insight how these villains' minds work. Even though I hate Mr. Zsasz, I got to admit that his tapes would have to be my favourite; the way he creeps out Dr. Sarah Cassidy by saying he's saving a tally mark for her, how he attacks a guard psychotically (especially how he only whispers "Cutting" over and over again), and how another doctor frantically calls Cassidy over the phone when Zsasz escaped from Arkham Asylum. It felt like a realistic thriller.

I liked Scarecrow's psychotic toying with his doctor, and eventually got tricked by Batman in the end when his fear toxin was cured by an antidote. I enjoyed the Riddler talking about his childhood ("I won a contest, but my dad hit me for thinking I was lying. He was right"), and of course, Joker revealing to Penelope Young that he was secretly funding her Titan project. Voice acting in this game was especially at its peak.

For Arkham City, I loved how Riddler taunts Hugo Strange that he wishes he could become Batman by crying to himself while wearing his own Batsuit and continuously taunts him for being intellectually inferior. I loved it even more when Riddler panics when Strange tells him he knows who Batman really is and refuses to tell him. I get a kick listening to Riddler freaking out as the obsessive wreck that he is!  ;D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei