Harley Quinn - did she steal the show?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Wed, 29 Aug 2012, 17:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Some US Batman fans have commented on youtube videos about the show and are less than impressed with what they are seeing. I think some will change their minds when they actually see how good the thing really is. One character in particular has gotten them worried: Harley Quinn. In particular her costume.

But to those who have seen it (myself included) we will know how great a job that actress did. Did she steal the show? Her voice was absolutely 100% I thought. This actress surely watched a stack of the animated series in preparation for this lol

Of interest in the Batman Live collectible booklet it says she even appeared as an extra in Batman Begins! One of the opera cast in the scene before Bruce Wayne's parents are killed. A nice connection to the film series.

Anyone basing views on the show on youtube videos really are missing the point.

I did admit to Batman and Robin when I was back stage that I have seen the show on youtube and was a little worried before hand. I also said that watching the videos spoiled some of the suprises for me (which they totally understood).

So my advice is stay away from youtube!

I'd say Joker and Harley were pretty much the animated series versions come to life and were both fantastic.  I hope Paul Dini was in the audience this week here in L.A.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I'm so happy to have people to talk about the show with now lol

Mark Frost is unstoppable as the Joker. Poppy Tierney was brilliant, really nailed the voice.

Laughed myself silly when she pops out in front of Comissioner Gordon with her cutesy cry of "Ta-da!!!"  ;D

My sister loved the helium joke.  :)

It's a shame we didn't have as much of Two-Face and The Riddler though. Guess they can only focus on so many. One of my favourites (despite his small role) was The Penguin. His entrance cry of "Waugh waugh waugh!" was the surrealist thing for me to hear live lol I enjoyed him because he reminded me of Devito's Penguin and the actor who played him is said to have been a Danny Devito fan. Like Harley Quinn and The Joker it was a past successful incarnation brought to life on the stage. Great stuff.