Batman Live reviews

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 7 Oct 2011, 09:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there any word on a DVD release yet? I know it won't be the same as seeing it live, but I'd still quite like to have it in my collection. It sounds really fun.

I'd love it if there was.  Definitely wouldn't mind seeing it again, even if it wasn't live.

Small Spoiler, if you don't want to know any of the show's content:
I got chills when they covered Batman's origin.  The booming Batman music mixed with the lonely boy surrounded by darkness as he makes his silent vow.  That was the moment where I really felt that this was the comic and the character coming to life.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sun, 30 Sep  2012, 18:49Small Spoiler, if you don't want to know any of the show's content:
I got chills when they covered Batman's origin.  The booming Batman music mixed with the lonely boy surrounded by darkness as he makes his silent vow.  That was the moment where I really felt that this was the comic and the character coming to life.

I love how they handled the Wayne murders. Chilling, yet suitable for the younger members of the audience.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 30 Sep  2012, 10:29
Is there any word on a DVD release yet? I know it won't be the same as seeing it live, but I'd still quite like to have it in my collection. It sounds really fun.

I've asked quite a few times. Never got a response.

Reread your review, Paul, and this caught my eye:
QuoteBy the way, see of you can spot 2 Batmobiles from the movies during the show.
Damn, I missed these.  Which Batmobiles were they?
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

You know...I can't remember. Furst and Forever I think.

I knew one of them had to be Furst's.  I'm not surprised if the other one is Forever's.  The scenes of Bruce and Dick talking about justice and revenge did feel reminiscent of that movie.

Mon, 1 Oct 2012, 08:27 #17 Last Edit: Mon, 1 Oct 2012, 08:28 by Paul (ral)
Forever and BTAS were influences on the show. James Brett, composer, even said Forever was a starting point for his work.