More TV show figures on the way?

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Thu, 23 Jan 2014, 21:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Are there any plans for more action figures to be produced for the Batman tv show? Almost completed my set and just lacking "Surf's Up Batman" and Robin (who is annoyingly as yet only available in a ridiculously expensive two pack set). Love seeing them all standing on their technicolour bases. It's a very camp sight next to my dreary and dark other Bat stuff.

Batgirl seems a popular choice to turn into a figure but I'd like more of the villains especially a Vincent Price Egghead (complete with a colourful white and yellow base to match his namesake, that'll be "Eggs-celent"! King Tut and Bookworm would be a riot too. Since David Wayne remains the only live action Mad Hatter we've ever seen he needs a figure for sure. Although the figures do not feature "action features" I'd love for Mad Hatter if they included a pop up panel in his top hat so you can catch a glimpse of his "super instant mesmerizer". Perhaps they could toss in Mr Bowinkle's bowler hat with tracking device as a bonus: "Do you always carry a remote bat transmitter in your bowler, Mr Bowinkle!" lol

It's likely we'll end up with variations of already available characters such as a "full suited" version of Frank Gorshin's Riddler (which I believe the tv show is responsible for introducing in the first place?). These can be a little frustrating as I'd prefer entirely new characters. However a new Joker in little purple mask and the "instant de-hydrator gun" and backpack from the 1966 movie would be lovely to see.

Most of all I especially want a Mr Freeze figure. Surely he's on the way? Even though George Sanders was the best tv portrayl by far I actually think it would be better for the designers to go with the Otto Preminger look (blue/white frozen face makeup). It's always looked more visually striking than the "spaceman" suit and helmet donned by Sanders.

i wish they would do some of the molls but i think i read they aren't doing any more, just the first few figures that are already out which sucks.

I'm hoping there's some official 60s Batman books planned. In the vein of the Art and Making of TDK Trilogy book. Or even something like a DK Visual Dictionary format. It would sell like hotcakes and would serve as a nice little companion piece.