Adam West's final Batman

Started by Bobthegoon89, Wed, 12 Sep 2012, 21:08

Previous topic - Next topic
The final episode was the less than steller "Mayhem, Millionaires and Minerva". Hardly a swansong for such an iconic 60's show. I guess they didn't ever really go for a spectacular final ever episode because they probably didn't think it would be the last one.

But Batman as a show gets somewhat muddled in it's vague continuity anyway. Therefore can we say that the 1966 feature film is more a satisfactory ending to all 3 seasons than a bridge to season 2?

I mean look at the final scene. Yes it's an absurb "mixing of minds" moment but Batman and Robin silently going to the window and saying the melancholic line "Are jobs are finished" would have been a fantastic last exit. Agree? It has more a feel of a finale to me than an ending to merely a movie. And the very last shot of Batman and Robin descending the building is surely a chapter closer....?

"The Living End.....?" (What the hell does that mean anyway? lol)

in reality they weren't sure about a 4th season, they were hoping it would be picked up, in fact it would have been by another network but the batcave had been demolished. Two face was even created.