Michael Keaton in talks to return as Batman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 22 Jun 2020, 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic
tinfoilhat

Snyder had all or most of his cut in his own possession for quite a few years there. Trickling out screenshots was a major element of whipping the RTSC crowd into action.

Did WB lock the directors out specifically to stop them from doing something similar?

/tinfoilhat

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Tue, 23 Aug  2022, 18:35
https://www.joblo.com/batgirl-footage-deleted/

well then....
I'm guessing Snyder had bad vibes on set and in discussions with the studio for a period of time and thus made contingencies. It doesn't seem like the Batgirl situation was anything like that. Just an abrupt end with the creative teams caught off guard, and thus unable to do anything about it. I'm feeling confident this was to kill the Batgirl movie stone cold, making any fan movements null and void. The movie is gone.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Tue, 23 Aug  2022, 22:29
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 23 Aug  2022, 22:19
Deleted from, like, some FTP server is one thing. Doesn't sound like the footage itself was deleted. I'm not even sure how legal that would be, honestly.

Sounds like that or they're just locked out. The idea of archiving it with their phone sounds kinda funny.

Yeah, I think it's more than likely their access to the footage was revoked, and I agree with colors about the legal ramifications of deleting every single bit of footage. Unless somebody can prove otherwise, of course.

But then again, I didn't think the Snyder cut existed back in early 2018 and thought that entire scenario was legally impossible...so what do I know?

I wonder if Keaton will be asked any questions about Batgirl's cancellation if he promotes The Flash?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

A kids' cosplay replica of Keaton's new Batsuit is currently sold at Walmart...under the B89 brand licensing.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Gotta be honest, it's very strange to see new merch coming out with that old 1989 iconography. Never thought that would ever happen.

So I guess they're ditching the yellow belt?

The gray belt made me wonder if that's a soft acknowledgement that the Schumacher era happened to this iteration of the character.

Or it could just be a bizarre coincidence.

It might have been already discussed, but rumour has it Keaton's appearance in the ending has been removed, including Sasha Calle. Not only has Gunn confirmed he wants a new actor for a Batman movie under his supervision (if it ever gets off the ground), he is reportedly ordering the removal of scenes involving Cavill's Superman, Gadot's Wonder Woman and Momoa's Aquaman. All but Momoa no longer have a future going forward.

From going to replacing Batfleck to now seeing his latest appearance as a one-and-done deal. I was never keen on the idea of Batfleck, because A) both are favourites and B) Keaton's role would've diminished over time due to age. But I am still disappointed that Keaton's comeback could've been for a new Batman chapter, whether it was a BR sequel or Batman Beyond, only to instead be used as a pawn - together with Affleck - for a lousy attempt at a wider DC reboot.

A massive missed opportunity.