Siouxsie & The Banshees 'Face To Face' (Film Version)?

Started by Kyle Grey, Sat, 12 Jul 2014, 02:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Bat Fans,

So Im gonna take a long shot at asking, does anyone know if the 'film version'  of this awesome song is floating around in cyber space anywhere? if so, does anyone have it? It may be considered a demo even. I own both the cd single & 12" picture disc with the 'Catatonic Mix', but I love the version played during the movie (not at the credits). Its more orchestral, and extended even. I was hoping that it would have been included on the Expanded Score a few yeats back but unfortunately it was not. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks
"I don't know about youy Miss Kitty, but I feel...soo much yummier!"

Many have speculated it's merely a faster version because of the frame rate of a movie. Prince's Scandalous for instance sounds much quicker in the first film's end credits and has even been re-edited. I'd really like this myself too. But on the Banshees number I have noticed the backing vocals are missing when it's played in the film. So it could well be a demo. But no, it's nowhere to be found sadly on the net.

It has been a topic of discussion on the Banshees Facebook page and I have even had the pleasure of chatting with member Steven Severin himself. A really nice, insightful guy with fans. Hard to believe he was once causing mischevious mayhem with Johnny Rotten and the rest of his Sex Pistols entourage back in the late 70's lol I asked him about this and he said Face to Face is considered part of the sessions for their 1991 album "Superstition", although the track was released a year after the album came out. They did the song as a favor for Burton while they were supposed to be taking a break.

There are plans afoot to release remasters of the Banshees last four albums including "Superstition" and featuring extras such as rare tracks. Therefore I am hoping something special for their Batman song may turn up there. It's not absolutely promised or possible. But the song remains massively popular in it's own right with their fans and not just for it's Batman connection. So where else can they honour it? It won't feature the remixes that's for sure. The Banshees hate every single remix ever done for any of their work. The remasters are due out from this september.

Than you very very much! I was hoping I hadnt brought up a past subject mentioned in the forum here ( I did search before I posted) . I did notice that it is missing the vocals (as does the version durring the credits) but there is a orchestral break durring the sing that at first I thought was the score but its just an extension of the FTF song. Its a,really beautiful version, and the decent 'Catatonic Mix' does NOT due the original any justice! I hope that purrhaps this version may be released in the fall.

Thank You again.
"I don't know about youy Miss Kitty, but I feel...soo much yummier!"