Superman Lives!

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Fri, 20 Mar 2009, 20:28

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 27 Mar  2009, 15:22
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 27 Mar  2009, 02:53
Cool trailer. 
Hope you don't mind me asking- What movie did you get the footage from?
City of Angels (1998). Nick Cage movie where he, an angel, falls in love with a human woman.
I had a feeling that was the one.  Thanks.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 27 Mar  2009, 00:44
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 27 Mar  2009, 00:16
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 26 Mar  2009, 22:20Odd. I've never heard Williams compose pieces that had a dark vibe to them.
Um, whaa?  You never heard bits of the Temple of Doom score?  A substantial portion of the Star Wars prequels?  JFK?  Obviously that wasn't his work but he's been known to do it.
Funny you should mention that. ToD and JFK are my fave JW scores.

Another really cool DARK Williams score is for the Fury. The main title is SO haunting.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Bumping this one up due to this picture floating around in the past day or two.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

There's a new Kickstarter campaign to fund an ambitious documentary about this film.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1270411036/the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened

That trailer made me wish I could actually contribute to the funding of the Kickstarter campaign. As for that picture of Cage, it's funny how in B&W it reminds me a lot fo the current Empire MOS cover. The costume is also surprisingly a lot more traditional than I expected. The Schumacher like rubber muscles look silly in this context, but I do like that S-Shield quite a bit.

^ It's funny that a lot of concept art pics out there have some really outlandish designs but the Cage test-fittings (or whatever these things are) tend to be variations on a relatively traditional Superman costume. I wonder that the director of that documentary may shoot for an angle of "Burton would've done more of a traditional Superman movie than you may think" as I think he may be behind this newest leaked pic.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 30 Jan  2013, 08:01
^ It's funny that a lot of concept art pics out there have some really outlandish designs but the Cage test-fittings (or whatever these things are) tend to be variations on a relatively traditional Superman costume. I wonder that the director of that documentary may shoot for an angle of "Burton would've done more of a traditional Superman movie than you may think" as I think he may be behind this newest leaked pic.

That's actually the truth. I forget where I found it out, but actually the film that almost went into production had a script that did away with all that Kevin Smith-era silliness and was actually a straightforward Superman movie with some darker themes/elements. Knowing Tim, it actually would have been exceptional. The version that Kevin Smith worked on was actually before Tim got involved. The Superman costume you're seeing in the B&W photos was actually the traditional colors-albiet darker a'la Superman III's evil Supes. And he would have been wearing it prior to getting killed by Doomsday in the film. Upon returning, he would be wearing the see-through glowing veiny suit, which, like the actual comics, was his 'resurrection' suit that helped sustain his life.

And Kevin Spacey as Lex? That was Tim's casting choice.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I really want to see this documentary get made, especially the scene recreation stuff. This film is intriguing.

Interesting, I too hope it gets made.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Wed, 30 Jan  2013, 08:06
And Kevin Spacey as Lex? That was Tim's casting choice.

Would have been interesting to see Spacey portraying Lex without having to adhere to the script of the Donnerverse love letter.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."