Killer Croc

Started by Edd Grayson, Fri, 19 Jul 2013, 10:05

Previous topic - Next topic
He's one of my favorite villains and yet he's overlooked because he's not a classic. I like him better than Bane, for a start.

At least he appeared in the Arkham Asylum videogame. In my opinion they should use him in the new Batman franchise, they have the means to make ahim look awesome.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 19 Jul  2013, 10:05
He's one of my favorite villains and yet he's overlooked because he's not a classic. I like him better than Bane, for a start.

At least he appeared in the Arkham Asylum videogame. In my opinion they should use him in the new Batman franchise, they have the means to make ahim look awesome.
I never cared for Killer Croc to be honest Edd.  Although Nolan's staid 'real-world' aesthetic and vision is far from my ideal Batman I still feel Batman works better when going up against villains who are larger than life extensions of credibly real human-beings rather than fantastical monsters like Man-Bat or even OTT mutants like Killer Croc, whose sewer-dwelling origins didn't sit any better with me when they were applied to the Penguin in 'Batman Returns'.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I like fantasy, I like Man-Bat and Killer Croc and Clayface. But Croc most of all.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 19 Jul  2013, 10:44
I like fantasy, I like Man-Bat and Killer Croc and Clayface. But Croc most of all.
Yeah, I like those critters a bit too. I enjoy seeing them in other media, namely video games. Put them in a live action film, I say. I judge villains on what story can be told with them, or what they bring out in Batman's personality.

Clayface is solid in BTAS and also pretty good in The Batman. He's a guy you just can't hit with a bat dart and knock out. I like that. He's also got the tragic aspect. Man-Bat has the tragic side, also the obvious statement he makes about Batman. Croc has the urban legend thing.

Clayface could have a movie of his own, if done right.

Back to Croc, do you think he would've fit in Batman Returns instead of Penguin? The whole sewer monster thing is much more appropriate for Croc.

"i threw a rock at him!"

"...it was a big rock. :-["

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 19 Jul  2013, 12:41Clayface could have a movie of his own, if done right.

Back to Croc, do you think he would've fit in Batman Returns instead of Penguin? The whole sewer monster thing is much more appropriate for Croc.
Running for mayor isn't.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 09:46
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 19 Jul  2013, 12:41Clayface could have a movie of his own, if done right.

Running for mayor isn't.

"bad skin is in! vote croc!"

Realism: "That policy is a load of crock. Why would I vote for you?"