The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
The Flash is getting a three issue prequel comic and the premise states "when a new threat by the name of Girder emerges in Central City, Barry turns to Batman for advice on training to master his powers. Under the Dark Knight's tutelage, The Fastest Man Alive will have to find a way to defeat this metallic menace or be crushed by Girder's strength." It sure does point to Batfleck beginning the film as a mentor figure to Barry before the timeline tinkering takes place.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sat, 22 Jan  2022, 01:49

I appreciate Keaton's enthusiasm and all, but I doubt this movie is going to be good if any of these rumours are true. This Facebook comment sums it up.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The Flash will reportedly have a test screening today. Spoilers likely inbound.

The scoopers got scooped. Shazam 2 was the film test screened.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 27 Jan  2022, 14:25
The scoopers got scooped. Shazam 2 was the film test screened.
Indeed. The wait for real details continues. I still find it mind bending how a film can essentially be complete and stored on the shelf for months on end, while people are sitting down to watch it right now. Film truly is a moment in time preserved forever.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard a private screening among executives occurred over a week ago. Rumour has it the movie will undergo reshoots and get pushed back to 2023, and that might affect the other DC movies' release dates.

Don't know how reliable this rumour is, but it wouldn't really surprise me. We know this wretched studio's history with reshoots by now.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

There was also a rumor that it's 3 hours long and the studio loved it and wanted more of it so they're dong reshoots for that.

Really not trusting many of leaks after the last few movies I saw the leakes were totally off

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sat, 29 Jan  2022, 18:39
There was also a rumor that it's 3 hours long and the studio loved it and wanted more of it so they're dong reshoots for that.

The rumour I heard said the opposite. It alleges the film still needs a lot of work and there are tonal issues. Part goofy, part serious. I don't see how doing reshoots would make sense if they were happy with the cut so far.

The other rumour I heard is Keaton and Affleck don't even interact with each other. Affleck probably spent, at best, a week filming his scenes, so I can definitely believe that's true. And what an utter failure that would be too. It's already bad enough that Affleck has expressed his concerns his favourite scenes might not even make the final cut.

Sun, 30 Jan 2022, 16:21 #418 Last Edit: Sun, 30 Jan 2022, 23:25 by eledoremassis02
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 30 Jan  2022, 12:04
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sat, 29 Jan  2022, 18:39

The rumour I heard said the opposite. It alleges the film still needs a lot of work and there are tonal issues. Part goofy, part serious. I don't see how doing reshoots would make sense if they were happy with the cut so far.

The other rumour I heard is Keaton and Affleck don't even interact with each other. Affleck probably spent, at best, a week filming his scenes, so I can definitely believe that's true. And what an utter failure that would be too. It's already bad enough that Affleck has expressed his concerns his favourite scenes might not even make the final cut.

I mean, reshoots can also mean adding more character time or making streamline changes (ala Days of Future Past reshoots). Regardless, I've come to really not rely on leaks and find them to become more and more mixed (not sure who your source is, just my general experience) and in some cases, 100% fabricated to cause internet drama

They're also filming Batgirl, which might impact changes in Flash (and one reason why I don't like this Marvel style of film making).

Ofcourse this is all speculation on my part

Quote from: Kamdan on Thu, 16 Dec  2021, 15:35
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 15 Dec  2021, 16:37
There is an interview going around that quotes Ben Affleck saying that he is done doing IPs. "I don't want to do IP movies where you have this sort of built-in audience. That's something I was interested in and liked, and I just don't like it anymore."
Would Affleck be saying these things if the IP movies he was involved in were successful?

I can't believe I missed this comment.

I get you don't like Affleck. But considering that he and other JL cast members like Fisher, Gadot and Momoa went on public condemning the BTS experience during those reshoots, your comment is tone deaf, to say the least.

Jesus Christ.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun, 30 Jan  2022, 16:21
Ofcourse this is all speculation on my part

I understand, and I'm doing the same. I'm not a scooper, I'm only sharing what I heard online too. For all I know, the rumour you heard could be right.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun, 30 Jan  2022, 16:21
They're also filming Batgirl, which might impact changes in Flash (and one reason why I don't like this Marvel style of film making).

Better get used to it, because that's exactly what Warner Butchers are aiming for. Look at the amount of content that's coming out this year alone. They're very desperate.

Speaking of which, I noticed that Jeanette Agaronoff - who is Michael Keaton's production assistant on The Flash - is listed under the additional crew credits for Aquaman 2 on IMDB. She is credited with the description: "production assistant to Michael Keaton ".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9663764/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm

Assuming this info is correct, Keaton's Batman is supposed to appear in Aquaman too. Seems like the studio is pilfering old ideas, because this concept art for the first Aquaman movie featured the Flying Fox from JL flying over Sydney. It seems the entire Justice League as well as Batfleck were planned to make an appearance in the solo movie.

This picture was made in late 2016: https://www.ednatividad.com/#/531533/4400589/

I much prefer this than retrofitting Keaton into whatever this DC timeline is. What a bastardised mess.