The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Thu,  5 Aug  2021, 03:25
Quote from: Travesty on Wed,  4 Aug  2021, 14:24
Yeah....kinda odd if they do an "evil Flash" instead of Reverse Flash.

Especially so since the "Set up" for Reverse-Flash is literally already there. As Barry's father being in prison, is a direct result of Reverse-Flash's actions. Per Flash Rebirth, which then cumulated in Flashpoint.

Yeah, this wasn't originally the case for Nora Allen, but it's what DC goes with now, and I'm sure it'll be the same for the DCEU's Flash for the foreseeable future. Similar to Wonder Woman being the daughter of Zeus (which wasn't a thing until Nu52 in 2011). Evidently, they feel some sort of need to hold off on Prof Zoom for the time being for whatever reason, but it's kinda jarring thinking about the Burtonverse birthing a metahuman along the lines of a speedster like the Flash. I always liked to think the Burtonverse Earth was a bit more grounded than say the Snyderverse Earth, but oh well. As Batman and Penguin once said, "Things Change."
As a kid, I always made my "head canon" that the Burtonverse and the 90s Flash TV show were in the same universe.  :)

Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  5 Aug  2021, 15:21
As a kid, I always made my "head canon" that the Burtonverse and the 90s Flash TV show were in the same universe.  :)

;D It would have been amusing having the hitman Captain Cold from the 90's Flash tv show, making a reference of having been in Gotham in the past. Perhaps something like, "Yeah, I did a few jobs in Gotham for Carl Grissom. There was usually another guy that worked for him present. Napier, I believe."

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  4 Aug  2021, 20:25
I said from the jump that Grace Randolph's voice aggravates tf out of me. I'm sure she's a nice person, don't get me wrong. But she's unbearable. If it turns out she's been lying this whole time... well, that's actually good news for me since her YouTube "career" will probably be finished.

From what I can tell, she appears to have personal grudges against some actors, such as Henry Cavill and Jessica Chastain. I don't care about Chastain because I remember her liking a tweet complaining about the Amazons' costumes in JL being supposedly sexist or some crap, but Randolph constantly spreads gossip about Cavill being difficult to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if Cavill really is a diva (Hollywood over inflates egos after all), but she is too insufferable to be taken seriously.

But as annoying as Randolph might be, at least she has not deceived anybody in the name of "charity", like LightCast did when his JL Motion Comic project was exposed to have traced over Jim Lee's art, despite promising the artwork would be original. These YouTubers really are bottom feeders.

Quote from: The Joker on Thu,  5 Aug  2021, 20:51
Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  5 Aug  2021, 15:21

;D It would have been amusing having the hitman Captain Cold from the 90's Flash tv show, making a reference of having been in Gotham in the past. Perhaps something like, "Yeah, I did a few jobs in Gotham for Carl Grissom. There was usually another guy that worked for him present. Napier, I believe."

For this to work, they'd have to ignore the B89 movie Easter egg in one of their episodes.  ;D

Quote from: The Joker on Thu,  5 Aug  2021, 03:25
Evidently, they feel some sort of need to hold off on Prof Zoom for the time being for whatever reason, but it's kinda jarring thinking about the Burtonverse birthing a metahuman along the lines of a speedster like the Flash. I always liked to think the Burtonverse Earth was a bit more grounded than say the Snyderverse Earth, but oh well. As Batman and Penguin once said, "Things Change."

In addition to Evil Barry Allen, another rumour I've heard is Supergirl is from the Burtonverse too. If I remember correctly in the leaked DC FanDome video, there was concept art of Keaton's Batman and Flash breaking into a facility, where they encounter a character who looks like Supergirl. If they are taking elements of Flashpoint, this could mean Supergirl would be introduced as a Cadmus lab prisoner, as Superman was, and Keaton's Batman is the equivalent to Thomas Wayne as he helps her escape.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  5 Aug  2021, 15:21As a kid, I always made my "head canon" that the Burtonverse and the 90s Flash TV show were in the same universe.  :)
My headcanon went that The Flash show, Lois & Clark's third season and Batman Forever were all the same universe. That's the hill I choose to die on.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat,  7 Aug  2021, 14:23
For this to work, they'd have to ignore the B89 movie Easter egg in one of their episodes.  ;D

That's easy. Go meta. Go Sam Hamm Batman Returns Draft with it. Not only is merchandise being sold of the caped crusader, there's even a movie based on his exploits as well.

Course it would differ from the Batman 1989 movie we know, considering Batman's identity would remain unknown during this time frame and all that jazz, but that's the fun part.  :D

In addition to Evil Barry Allen, another rumour I've heard is Supergirl is from the Burtonverse too. If I remember correctly in the leaked DC FanDome video, there was concept art of Keaton's Batman and Flash breaking into a facility, where they encounter a character who looks like Supergirl. If they are taking elements of Flashpoint, this could mean Supergirl would be introduced as a Cadmus lab prisoner, as Superman was, and Keaton's Batman is the equivalent to Thomas Wayne as he helps her escape.

Hmmm. Ok. Things changed alright.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

QuoteJust asked Michael Keaton what it was like putting the Batman suit back on & what memories he's pulling from Tim Burton's films that he's utilizing in THE FLASH?

First part of his answer: "Like riding a bike!"

Posting full interview later. We talked for THE PROTEGE & WORTH.

https://twitter.com/KevinMcCarthyTV/status/1425168891987251203

Video of the interview.