The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 20 Jul  2021, 02:56
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 19 Jul  2021, 15:15
I do wonder where he'll keep his suits/how many and how are they stored. There doesn't appear to be cases (in these photos) as I assume there will be, and if we'll see any outside the 89/Returns suits.
I was thinking a B89 styled suit vault could be visible from the side in the first image GK posted on page 19. I'm referring to the object sticking out behind the large pillar on the left.

Just saw Cosplaychris' video on it and he said the same thing. Good eyes!

Interesting how he keeps the Batmobile as is (which backs up another user who thinks the 4 seater vehicle is another vehicle altogether)
We know how the Burton Batmobile enters the B89 cave - through the tunnel with the hologram concealment. However we never saw how the Batwing or Batskiboat made their exits. I'm thinking it's via a different way. If the 4 seater is a plane or a boat, a possible benefit of a different cave aesthetic could be showing an alternate tunnel to the skies or ocean.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 19 Jul  2021, 23:34
Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 19 Jul  2021, 19:40
What were in those other phots that have been taken down?
The one that stands out was a set photo featuring the Furst Batmobile.

The set photos of the Batcave and Furstmobile are making me wish we're getting a third Keaton Batman for real, instead of what we are really getting.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 21 Jun  2021, 15:36
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 21 Jun  2021, 02:37
This video contains potential spoilers for The Flash and the ramifications for the Snyderverse.

So if we're lead to believe what these guys are saying, this movie is branching off a new timeline with the incorporation of Keaton's Batman for theatrical continuity, but it doesn't mean Snyderverse is getting erased, just branched into a different part of the multiverse. Which means, according to what they've said in the past, it gives a chance to continue anything Snyder-related on streaming. But why would a studio that is "aggressively anti-Snyder", as the director himself describes, want to do that? Unless AT&T and Discovery are blocking any avenues for the film to do a complete reboot.

The bit that astonishes me is the claim that there might not be even a real villain in this. That Reverse-Flash is only going to be teased for a potential sequel, whereas the rest of the film is just about Barry Allen getting lost into this mess he created by saving his mother, hence the Flashpoint comparisons. If this is all true, it sounds ridiculous, in my opinion.

Last year, I was excited to hear about The Flash about exploring the DC multiverse, but not if it's going to replace one thing over the other, even if it's only for theatrical runs. If all of this crap that these guys are saying is true then it's going to be a clusterf***.

I'm quoting myself yet again because as you call tell, the video that was originally uploaded by the LightCast YouTube channel is dead. In fact, all of their videos that I've embedded over the past year on this forum are dead.

And there is a good reason for that:

https://www.cvbj.biz/2021/07/19/the-animated-comic-that-was-to-continue-the-snyder-cut-canceled/
https://screenrant.com/justice-league-2-motion-comic-art-stealing-accusation/

In addition to cancelling this project because of the negative attention they brought upon themselves, they've deleted their Twitter account and removed all of their videos on their YouTube channel. That means all of their interviews they've had with both Zack and Deborah Snyder, Ray Fisher, Ray Porter and so on, are gone.

It's a very, very bad look on their part. FWIW, the info they got about this film was apparently from a Reddit post, which word around the streets says it's all fake (naturally). Going forward, I think it's safe to say that everything we've heard from them in the past should be dismissed.

Extremely disappointing.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 17 Jul  2021, 13:13
Looks good. I'm okay with a different batcave. And when I think about it, using known elements of B89 but doing something new is probably the best way to reconcile the B89-BR aesthetic change as every Keaton cave was different. I also hope they include nods to the Returns cave as it then becomes a celebration of both films while also embracing the future.

I also want this approach applied to Gotham City itself. While the I Am Batman game tech demo is clearly based on the 1989 Gotham, they still managed to incorporate some of the statues from Batman Returns during the sequence where Batman is driving to the city.

There are obvious differences between the B89 and BR Gothams – the former is a gothic fusion of art deco, film noir and diesel punk futurism, while the latter is a gothic fusion of art deco, German expressionism and early 20th century fascist architecture – but I think they're similar enough that they can be reconciled as the same city. The Gotham Square from B89 would be a more historic section of the city serving as its cultural and political hub. That area contains the cathedral, the Monarch Theatre, the Flugelheim Museum, the Gotham Central railway station, Gotham Globe offices and City Hall. I imagine the Hall of Records from BR was probably situated in that district as well. The Gotham Plaza from BR seems more like a commercial district for retail and business. There are major department stores like Shreck's, as well as smaller outlets like the gift shop the Red Triangle firebreather torches. It's where the Christmas shoppers converge to see the tree lighting ceremony and it seems to be located close to the park and old zoo. Then there's the industrial district on the city's outskirts containing Axis Chemicals and Shrek's 'clean' textile plant. All of these places could be contained within the same Gotham.

On a related note, I like the latest preview from the Batman '89 comic that Gotham Knight posted in another thread. It shows stately Wayne Manor as a fusion of the B89 and BR versions.

As with Gotham City, perhaps the two stately Wayne Manors are just the same large estate viewed from different perspectives. Maybe the different wings of the building were built in different time periods and in different architectural styles.

I do wonder where he'll keep his suits/how many and how are they stored. There doesn't appear to be cases (in these photos) as I assume there will be, and if we'll see any outside the 89/Returns suits.

One rumour I've heard is that the original 1989 batsuit will be seen in the Batcave at some point. If the scene of Barry's arrival in the Batcave follows the scene in the Flashpoint comic, then I can imagine him slowly walking around the vault looking at all the old costumes, gadgets and vehicles before Batman himself finally emerges from the shadows to confront him. Showing the 1989 batsuit would be a great way of teasing Keaton's return right before he appears on screen for the first time. Maybe Barry sees Batman standing perfectly still in the shadows and mistakes him for another empty costume. Then, as Barry walks past, the costume suddenly reaches out and grabs him...

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 20 Jul  2021, 11:22
Interesting how he keeps the Batmobile as is (which backs up another user who thinks the 4 seater vehicle is another vehicle altogether)
We know how the Burton Batmobile enters the B89 cave - through the tunnel with the hologram concealment. However we never saw how the Batwing or Batskiboat made their exits. I'm thinking it's via a different way. If the 4 seater is a plane or a boat, a possible benefit of a different cave aesthetic could be showing an alternate tunnel to the skies or ocean.

I hope they show something like this. The Batcave has traditionally contained subterranean waterways by which the Batboat is launched. The comic book Batcave contains such rivers, and so does the Schumacher version. It makes sense for the Burton Batcave to contain a river or canal as well. When it comes to the Batwing, I like the idea of it being stored in a hangar disguised as a barn like in the Golden Age comics. But I'll settle for having a hangar inside the cave itself.

This opinion piece makes great points about Keaton's Batman needing a significant character arc to make his return worthwhile. The Flash will be worse off if he doesn't.

Although Michael Keaton's return is highly anticipated, there's a very real danger of The Flash running primarily on nostalgia. So far, most news regarding the production has been Batman-related, with set photos teasing Wayne Manor, the Batmobile, and Batcave, while even Muschietti revealed a glimpse of Keaton's bloodied Batman suit. Seeing these elements revived is undoubtedly exciting, but the film needs to provide solid reasoning for his presence and develop his character to ensure a natural continuation of Keaton's storyline.

Why has The Flash specifically chosen to bring back Keaton's Batman? Obviously, the character is far older now, automatically lending him the aura of a mentor figure to Barry. However, Affleck reportedly shares this role, therefore Keaton needs to offer something different. Affleck's Batman had lost his way, and his story shifted from brutality to redemption. Curiously, Keaton's version never seemed to mind a little bloodshed. Perhaps this was overlooked because Tim Burton created such a twisted world that justified killing, but The Flash offers a compelling avenue to directly confront the characters' use of violence. What will Keaton's Batman make of Barry's world, and what could he learn from the young superhero? Concept art displays the Flash in a new costume, fighting alongside Keaton in full costume, enticing fans with a fun team-up but providing no insight regarding their dynamic. The film might coast on the thrill of seeing his Batman in action, but this would be as meaningless as the nostalgia-fuelled insertion of Danny Elfman's Batman theme into 2017's Justice League.

In DCEU canon, Affleck's Batman is likely on the way out, having successfully established a new generation of heroes. The Flash may continue this idea and could provide a fascinating contrast to the older yet still-active Keaton. Muschietti's film must address what Keaton's Batman has been doing all this time – how he might have changed and why he is possibly yet to retire. Alfred has surely passed away, and Keaton's Batman perhaps never trained a Robin to continue his legacy. If his rogues' gallery still runs rampant in Gotham, this could all be used to explore his reluctance to give up Batman. Still, rather than shamelessly namedrop Jack Nicholson's Joker and Danny DeVito's Penguin, to whom Barry has zero connection, Keaton's return needs to expand his world. Catwoman could still be at large, while Harvey Dent has likely undergone his transformation into Two-Face. These factors are more likely to affect Batman's stance on crimefighting than aimless references to dead foes.

Keaton appears to have a substantial role in The Flash, but his impact is entirely dependent on lending purpose to his return. The critically-panned Space Jam: A New Legacy and Scoob! both revealed the depths of Warner Bros. aggressively pushing nostalgia over compelling storylines. Whether a one-off appearance or the beginning of something larger, the film must provide a tangible future for Keaton's Batman, not a "greatest hits" of the past.

https://screenrant.com/michael-keaton-batman-return-flash-movie-nostalgia-avoid/

Another thought to consider: will The Flash acknowledge any of the events that have taken place in the new Batman '89 comics? I'd like to know if Sam Hamm communicates with the Flash writers, or if he is doing any uncredited rewrites for the film. All I've heard at the moment is a rumour claiming Affleck is allegedly rewriting his own part so he has more screen time.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 21 Jul  2021, 13:19
This opinion piece makes great points about Keaton's Batman needing a significant character arc to make his return worthwhile. The Flash will be worse off if he doesn't.

Although Michael Keaton's return is highly anticipated, there's a very real danger of The Flash running primarily on nostalgia. So far, most news regarding the production has been Batman-related, with set photos teasing Wayne Manor, the Batmobile, and Batcave, while even Muschietti revealed a glimpse of Keaton's bloodied Batman suit. Seeing these elements revived is undoubtedly exciting, but the film needs to provide solid reasoning for his presence and develop his character to ensure a natural continuation of Keaton's storyline.

Why has The Flash specifically chosen to bring back Keaton's Batman? Obviously, the character is far older now, automatically lending him the aura of a mentor figure to Barry. However, Affleck reportedly shares this role, therefore Keaton needs to offer something different. Affleck's Batman had lost his way, and his story shifted from brutality to redemption. Curiously, Keaton's version never seemed to mind a little bloodshed. Perhaps this was overlooked because Tim Burton created such a twisted world that justified killing, but The Flash offers a compelling avenue to directly confront the characters' use of violence. What will Keaton's Batman make of Barry's world, and what could he learn from the young superhero? Concept art displays the Flash in a new costume, fighting alongside Keaton in full costume, enticing fans with a fun team-up but providing no insight regarding their dynamic. The film might coast on the thrill of seeing his Batman in action, but this would be as meaningless as the nostalgia-fuelled insertion of Danny Elfman's Batman theme into 2017's Justice League.

In DCEU canon, Affleck's Batman is likely on the way out, having successfully established a new generation of heroes. The Flash may continue this idea and could provide a fascinating contrast to the older yet still-active Keaton. Muschietti's film must address what Keaton's Batman has been doing all this time – how he might have changed and why he is possibly yet to retire. Alfred has surely passed away, and Keaton's Batman perhaps never trained a Robin to continue his legacy. If his rogues' gallery still runs rampant in Gotham, this could all be used to explore his reluctance to give up Batman. Still, rather than shamelessly namedrop Jack Nicholson's Joker and Danny DeVito's Penguin, to whom Barry has zero connection, Keaton's return needs to expand his world. Catwoman could still be at large, while Harvey Dent has likely undergone his transformation into Two-Face. These factors are more likely to affect Batman's stance on crimefighting than aimless references to dead foes.

Keaton appears to have a substantial role in The Flash, but his impact is entirely dependent on lending purpose to his return. The critically-panned Space Jam: A New Legacy and Scoob! both revealed the depths of Warner Bros. aggressively pushing nostalgia over compelling storylines. Whether a one-off appearance or the beginning of something larger, the film must provide a tangible future for Keaton's Batman, not a "greatest hits" of the past.

https://screenrant.com/michael-keaton-batman-return-flash-movie-nostalgia-avoid/

Another thought to consider: will The Flash acknowledge any of the events that have taken place in the new Batman '89 comics? I'd like to know if Sam Hamm communicates with the Flash writers, or if he is doing any uncredited rewrites for the film. All I've heard at the moment is a rumour claiming Affleck is allegedly rewriting his own part so he has more screen time.
Screen Rant is guilty until proven innocent. F those people. The two or three Snyder-friendly staffers they have can't magically erase the long knives that have been out against all things Snyder from the jump.

In the second place, nostalgia is EXACTLY what I want. The only non-nostalgia arc Hollywood seems interested in doing these days is "Out with the old, in with the new and politically correct". No, sorry, that won't fly when it comes to Keaton's Batman. I want a nostalgia romp par excellence. I haven't seen the new Space Jam but Scoob! was barely a Scooby Doo movie at all. Hello, straw man!

Remember, Screen Rant is presumed guilty until proven innocent.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 21 Jul  2021, 13:58
Screen Rant is guilty until proven innocent. F those people. The two or three Snyder-friendly staffers they have can't magically erase the long knives that have been out against all things Snyder from the jump.

Be that as it may, none of that compares to what the POS garbage excuse of a studio has done by sabotaging all things Snyder over years. Even when ZSJL was finally coming out.

We can condemn the clickbait merchants all we want for their own misdeeds, but at some point, the buck stops with the wretched studio. They decided to sabotage their own productions in the worst possible way, and double down on their spite ever since.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 21 Jul  2021, 13:58
In the second place, nostalgia is EXACTLY what I want.

I'm of the opposite opinion. While I have no love for the whole "let the past die", over the top PC nonsense you see in modern day blockbuster crap like Last Jedi, I have no interest in having constant nostalgic fan service for the sake of it either. I've repeatedly said that although my expectations in The Flash are dwindling, I hope for the very least that Keaton has an arc that honours the past while embracing the future. Something that makes his return worthwhile instead of making it into a cheap cash grab. If they can't do that then what's the point of bringing Keaton back at all? I'd rather stick with B89 and BR if that's the case.

Huge grain of salt as always. I've heard that Chris O'Donnell was spotted on the Flash set. George Clooney was not seen, but is believed to be filming a cameo. Val Kilmer is said to have done a screen test but declined in the end to participate after all. Robin is said to make a surprise save.

Thu, 22 Jul 2021, 02:25 #208 Last Edit: Thu, 22 Jul 2021, 11:30 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 22 Jul  2021, 01:33
Huge grain of salt as always. I've heard that Chris O'Donnell was spotted on the Flash set. George Clooney was not seen, but is believed to be filming a cameo. Val Kilmer is said to have done a screen test but declined in the end to participate after all. Robin is said to make a surprise save.
If O'Donnell shows up for this, I'll be there with bells on even more.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 22 Jul  2021, 01:33
I don't know where you heard that, but the B&R logo was definitely referenced on social media. I wouldn't be surprised if we get something, and I hope we do. Clooney would be the easier choice given Val's voice problems. Keaton is my main attraction here, but if more Batman incarnations can be celebrated I'm all for it.