The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Here are some more pics of Keaton on location.

As in his earlier Batman films, Keaton appears to be wearing a hairpiece. I expected he would.

This Mercedes is thought to be his new civilian car.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 20 Jun  2021, 17:19
As in his earlier Batman films, Keaton appears to be wearing a hairpiece. I expected he would.

This Mercedes is thought to be his new civilian car.

Love that they didn't over do the hairline. Also...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One thing that saddens me about this is Michael Gough's death. I mean, even if he was still alive today, he'd still probably in no condition to work anymore, esp not in the immediate aftermath of the coof. But it's still sad that he can't be part of this production in any capacity whatsoever.

Also worth noting that the scoopers are calling this a scene from the end of the movie.

Sun, 20 Jun 2021, 17:27 #126 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Jun 2021, 17:30 by Gotham Knight

Sun, 20 Jun 2021, 17:40 #127 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Jun 2021, 17:44 by Silver Nemesis
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 20 Jun  2021, 17:24
One thing that saddens me about this is Michael Gough's death. I mean, even if he was still alive today, he'd still probably in no condition to work anymore, esp not in the immediate aftermath of the coof. But it's still sad that he can't be part of this production in any capacity whatsoever.

I think they'll pay tribute to him somehow, most likely in the form of a portrait displayed in stately Wayne Manor.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 20 Jun  2021, 17:26
Also worth noting that the scoopers are calling this a scene from the end of the movie.

I suspected it might be. It looks like this scene is introducing the new Supergirl (who definitely looks more like the Lara Lane-Kent version than Kara) after the DC cinematic universe has been rebooted, with Keaton taking Affleck's place as the new Batman.

Bruce is clearly older here, but he might still be de-aged for the earlier scenes taking place in the Burtonverse. Alternatively this scene might take place in the Burtonverse and he might look like this throughout the entire movie. At any rate, he looks awesome. ;D

Last year, when Keaton's return was first touted, I posted my theory that he'd appear as the Burtonverse Batman (who may or may not be digitally de-aged), possibly die helping the Flash reboot the universe (as the Flashpoint Batman did in the original comic), then make a surprise return at the end of the movie when Barry goes to visit Batfleck and discovers that Keaton has replaced him as the Batman of this newly formed DCEU. For now I'm sticking with that theory, and if I'm right then this might not be the Burtonverse Bruce we're seeing in these pics, but rather the rebooted DCEU Batman that is reborn from the Burtonverse version (much like how the New Earth comic Batman was reborn from the Earth-One version). That would technically make this a new version of Bruce, even though he's still played by Keaton.

Whether or not this is a new Bruce or simply the Burtonverse version, there's one thing I want from him: Batman Beyond. I'm fine with him playing a Nick Fury role in any upcoming Justice League movies, and I'm fine with him playing a mentor role in the Batgirl film. But I still want a separate Batman Beyond movie, set in the future and not featuring any other superheroes, which can serve as a conclusion to the Burton trilogy. Ideally I'd like Burton himself involved, if only as a producer, with Elfman providing the music. I'm looking forward to seeing any future films featuring Bat-Keaton, but the Batman Beyond movie is a must for me.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 20 Jun  2021, 17:40
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 20 Jun  2021, 17:24

I think they'll pay tribute to him somehow, most likely in the form of a portrait displayed in stately Wayne Manor.
Crap, if he was alive today, he'd be 104 years old!