The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Textless version of the China poster art.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wed, 31 May 2023, 12:29 #871 Last Edit: Wed, 31 May 2023, 12:31 by The Joker

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm going to be able to see the movie about three days before the official release date. I'll be there in a yellow and black oval emblem with the spirit of 89/92 coursing through my veins. I'd rather see it first this way, because it'll be the Final Cut with all scenes and post credits included.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 31 May  2023, 14:34

They've done a good job integrating Elfman's theme here. I like how the vibe is excitement and wonder.

Apparently Keaton is going to attend a B89/TF double header in London soon too. Makes me wonder when he last saw the first movie, and the flood of emotions that would come back to him in that theatre.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  1 Jun  2023, 12:38
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 31 May  2023, 14:34

They've done a good job integrating Elfman's theme here. I like how the vibe is excitement and wonder.

Apparently Keaton is going to attend a B89/TF double header in London soon too. Makes me wonder when he last saw the first movie, and the flood of emotions that would come back to him in that theatre.

I would even say it's handled better than how Elfman included the 89 theme in Justice League (granted he basically had to rush it)
It does come off a little more TAS-ish but thats not really a bad thing

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu,  1 Jun  2023, 14:40
I would even say it's handled better than how Elfman included the 89 theme in Justice League (granted he basically had to rush it)
The Burton theme actually belongs in this movie whereas it didn't in JL. Elfman's music does have a flourish about it that isn't booming like Zimmer, and I think that's captured here in the new sample. Batman's back and he's going into battle. It's a moment to celebrate and I'm happy that's what we're getting, as opposed to Jake Skywalker never leaving his island of brooding and getting to strut his stuff in person. 

As for the final scene with Barry, the Batman we see is Clooney. I think that's great because it now gives us four generations of Batman in the film (West, Keaton, Affleck, Clooney), making it a wide showcase of the character's cinematic history. I don't think something like that's ever going to happen again.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  2 Jun  2023, 07:46
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu,  1 Jun  2023, 14:40
The Burton theme actually belongs in this movie whereas it didn't in JL. Elfman's music does have a flourish about it that isn't booming like Zimmer, and I think that's captured here in the new sample. Batman's back and he's going into battle. It's a moment to celebrate and I'm happy that's what we're getting, as opposed to Jake Skywalker never leaving his island of brooding and getting to strut his stuff in person. 

As for the final scene with Barry, the Batman we see is Clooney. I think that's great because it now gives us four generations of Batman in the film (West, Keaton, Affleck, Clooney), making it a wide showcase of the character's cinematic history. I don't think something like that's ever going to happen again.

Fiar point, but I felt it was underutlized as a theme in general (compared to the Reeves Superman theme).