The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
These images have been touched up, but they are new.

Interesting that variant Keaton still has some moustache visible on his face, even after he cleans himself up with a haircut. It doesn't stick out prominently but it's there.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  5 May  2023, 19:41
Interesting that variant Keaton still has some moustache visible on his face, even after he cleans himself up with a haircut. It doesn't stick out prominently but it's there.
Also bear in mind that this is a photo that has been artificially enhanced a lot. It is brighter and sharper than the softer, darker image of what was a screen shot. That stubble is on steroids.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri,  5 May  2023, 20:17
Also bear in mind that this is a photo that has been artificially enhanced a lot. It is brighter and sharper than the softer, darker image of what was a screen shot. That stubble is on steroids.
It does highlight the details a lot more.

I have to say everything, and I mean everything, that I've seen from Batman (both Batfleck and Keaton) in this movie looks top notch. It's presenting the character as a mythic superhero at the height of his powers, performing feats that go beyond that of a mere mortal. Whenever he's on screen he's doing something exciting in a stylistic way, which makes me think Muschietti would be a good choice for the Brave and the Bold movie.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri,  5 May  2023, 14:33

Keaton's appearance has obviously changed over the years, but in this pic he looks noticeably closer to his eighties/nineties self. The hairpiece is part of it, but they've also darkened his eyebrows to make them look like they did when he was younger. It appears there might be some designer stubble there too.

It could be my imagination, but it sometimes looked as though Keaton was sporting shades of stubble in his earlier Batman movies.

I think it was part of the makeup department's technique to accentuate the contours of his face and make him look tougher and more masculine. Or maybe these scenes/pictures were just recorded later in the day when he had five o'clock shadow coming through. Either way, I always thought it looked cool.

A few newly released images.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It's still very surreal to me that we're about to see Keaton again on the big screen in a new movie.  8)

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 16 May  2023, 13:26
It's still very surreal to me that we're about to see Keaton again on the big screen in a new movie.  8)
The image of Batman piloting the new batwing doesn't look great, but I'm sure it will look better in live action. What I really like is the shot of Keaton standing inside the cave. He embodies the personality of Batman so much without even speaking. Contemplative, haunted...determined. I get the feeling he's going to confirm why he's the favorite of a lot of us here. For the sake of his legacy I'm hoping the overall success of the film matches the early word of mouth, because despite the circus of altered endings and scrapped future films the fanbase loves Keaton in this role, and I hope he knows that. He may not be a strong follower of the material like us, but he's done more than most to promote the franchise.

Is anyone else surprised that they're leaning more into the aesthetics of the 89 film rather than Returns? The only things I've noticed from Returns thus far are the logo on the suit and the glider cape.

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Wed, 17 May  2023, 19:45
Is anyone else surprised that they're leaning more into the aesthetics of the 89 film rather than Returns? The only things I've noticed from Returns thus far are the logo on the suit and the glider cape.
Not really. 89 is the undisputed favorite classic Batman film of that series at least among the general audience. Returns is beloved by far less and generally considered the first runner up for the worst of the franchise behind Batman and Robin. The only reason your getting the Returns chest logo is because the 89 one looks "weird" with the extra points.