The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
It is cool to see that they are planning on putting Michael back in the Batsuit. I just hope the film addresses Bruce's age. It would seem a little odd that Bruce has been fighting as Batman nonstop into his 60's/70's.

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Sat, 22 Aug  2020, 20:46
It is cool to see that they are planning on putting Michael back in the Batsuit. I just hope the film addresses Bruce's age. It would seem a little odd that Bruce has been fighting as Batman nonstop into his 60's/70's.

I kinda think that PERHAPS Keaton's Batman incorporates the use of drones (Kingdom Come like), and suits up as Batman on sporadic occasions, or when it's necessary.

I like the idea that Bruce would continue on as Batman until he literally is physical incapable to do so anymore. That speaks volumes of his personal drive and devotion to his mission. Definitely a contrast to Christian Bale's Batman, who, apparently, was willing to walk away from Batman fairly early on in his career during the events of 2008's The Dark Knight.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I hope that concept art of Miller's Flash and Keaton's Batman translates on screen as accurately as possible. It looks very promising.

I'd like to know if Keaton's stunt double, Dave Lea, will be coming back or if somebody else will take over.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Yeah, I hope it translates as close as possible.

Plus, technology as advanced, so not only are materials going to be better, but they can also CGI parts of the suit, so it's not so bad on Keaton. Hell, maybe they'll de-age him, and it'll be Batman in his prime?

A stab in the dark: Ezra meets Keaton first and by accident. Keaton builds the new suit to help him return home, and he does so to meet up with Affleck. But time gets messed up and the film ends with Keaton.

Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 02:20
Yeah, I hope it translates as close as possible.

Plus, technology as advanced, so not only are materials going to be better, but they can also CGI parts of the suit, so it's not so bad on Keaton. Hell, maybe they'll de-age him, and it'll be Batman in his prime?

I wouldn't want them to de-age him too much. I enjoy the idea of Keaton's Batman remaining active years after we last saw him in BR.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 00:46
Quote from: BatmanFurst on Sat, 22 Aug  2020, 20:46

I kinda think that PERHAPS Keaton's Batman incorporates the use of drones (Kingdom Come like), and suits up as Batman on sporadic occasions, or when it's necessary.

I like the idea that Bruce would continue on as Batman until he literally is physical incapable to do so anymore. That speaks volumes of his personal drive and devotion to his mission.

Great idea. If that were to be the case, maybe all the events taking place in The Flash could serve as a prequel of sorts for Batman Beyond.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Foreshadowing in the earlier works of Batman directors.

Batman comics are discussed by Sam and the Frog brothers in Joel Schumacher's The Lost Boys (1987).

The bat emblem appears on a door in Christopher Nolan's The Following (1998). This scene was shot in the flat of lead actor Jeremy Theobald, who has explained that he put the bat symbol up when the 1989 film came out.

The cover of Batman Vol 1 #1 (March 1940) can be seen during the title sequence of Zack Snyder's Watchmen (2009).

Batman (1989) is the movie being shown at the cinema in Andy Muschietti's It (2017).

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 22:04
Foreshadowing in the earlier works of Batman directors.

Batman comics are discussed by Sam and the Frog brothers in Joel Schumacher's The Lost Boys (1987).

The bat emblem appears on a door in Christopher Nolan's The Following (1998). This scene was shot in the flat of lead actor Jeremy Theobald, who has explained that he put the bat symbol up when the 1989 film came out.

The cover of Batman Vol 1 #1 (March 1940) can be seen during the title sequence of Zack Snyder's Watchmen (2009).

Batman (1989) is the movie being shown at the cinema in Andy Muschietti's It (2017).

With Burton there isn't a direct reference, but there is a point in Beetlejuice where he has Batwings on his head.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 24 Aug  2020, 00:55
Not sure on the validity but
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/val-kilmer-reportedly-returning-batman-flash/
Hmm. I'm not going to rule anything out anymore but I can't see how Kilmer would credibly appear as Batman in his current condition for an extended period of time. I saw a preview clip for a new movie he appeared in, and his voice was totally dubbed and obviously so. It stuck out like a sore thumb. A Kilmer appearance could be very minimal, perhaps briefly being seen wearing the suit as Barry races through various universes.