The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 5 Dec 2013, 17:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Even if the TASM films had their issues, I enjoyed them and I would've liked to see a third film. I liked Garfield and Field in the roles, and Emma Stone as Gwen. And I'm also one of the people who enjoyed TASM2.

I've heard of that deleted scene before, and I don't know if it would've helped the movie to see Richard Parker coming back after Gwen's death just like that. And there won't be a third film in this continuity either way.

I just hope that the Marvel universe Spidey won't get "rebooted" too somehow. And some fans already complained about him being a teenager in highschool again...

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Sun, 20 Mar  2016, 11:23
Even if the TASM films had their issues, I enjoyed them and I would've liked to see a third film. I liked Garfield and Field in the roles, and Emma Stone as Gwen. And I'm also one of the people who enjoyed TASM2.

I've heard of that deleted scene before, and I don't know if it would've helped the movie to see Richard Parker coming back after Gwen's death just like that. And there won't be a third film in this continuity either way.

I just hope that the Marvel universe Spidey won't get "rebooted" too somehow. And some fans already complained about him being a teenager in highschool again...
The MCU has a fantastic record.  I doubt it will need to be rebooted any time soon.

And Peter Parker tends to work best in a high school setting.  I hope we get more than one movie in which he's still a teen.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

The movie could be successful, we don't know much about the plot or characters appearing yet. There are just rumors floating around.

The high school setting is a good place to start, but the story ought to be something fresh, I think what's confirmed so far is that they will not be showing the origin of Spider-Man again on film. This is a good move, I think. The audience is no doubt familiar with it by now.

The hard part about keeping Spidey in high school for too long is that the actor will age. The new actor is 20 so we probably have about 5 years before he will be too old to be able to convincingly portray a teenager.

I liked the ASM movies better. It's too bad they got cut short, I felt they kept a lot in the vault for the sequels which never came. I really enjoyed how they gave the two main villains their own themes and used science to beat both. I felt they showed Spider-man using his intelligence more in these ones than the Maguire ones; we know Peter Parker is a science buff but he actually used it as spider-man in these ones.

Oh well I guess it's all for the best, for those who haven't read the civil war comics, spider-man plays a critical role so I'm glad he's with the MCU as I feel he would have been sorely missed had they gone ahead without him.