ral's blog - Batman does kill

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 12 Sep 2008, 15:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 12 Sep 2008, 15:47 Last Edit: Sun, 16 Aug 2009, 10:34 by ral
I have written a new blog on the site.

Batman does kill

Any thoughts (good or bad)?

If you have a piece that you want featured on the site let me or one of the mods know about it!  ;D

Yes Batman kill's i thoguht everyone knows that. In the very first Batman dc Batman had a gun and was not afraid to use it.

And on a similar topic why does everyone think that Batman killed Joker and The Penguin when it's obvious to anyone thats even seen the movie 1 time that he didn't.

Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 04:05 #2 Last Edit: Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 04:07 by ZUPERZERO
is good, but i do see Batman trying to seek redemption in "Batman Returns":

In the end of "Batman", Batman is a killer; in "Batman Returns" at first Batman seems very violent and full of rage, but along the movie goes we see Batman seeing himself has a monster like The Pinguin and Catwoman, in the end of Batman Returns Bruce tries to stop Selina from making the same mistake he made: Kill Joker or Max Scherck

I believe that Batman Returns is treated like a direct sequel from Batman, but more in depth that in form

if you analise it you will see that Batman works for Batman Returns as parallel to compare

Quote from: Sandman on Sat, 13 Sep  2008, 00:54
Yes Batman kill's i thoguht everyone knows that. In the very first Batman dc Batman had a gun and was not afraid to use it.
But that was way back when?

It is simply not a big part of the character in the whole scheme of things.

Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 07:12 #4 Last Edit: Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 08:14 by Sandman
QuoteI think we are on the same page. The fall is what killed them. In every film except B&R, Batman has been a third degree murderer. In other words he caused death even though it wasnt always intentional.

Yes why the hell do people keep saying he did it im sure he had no idea that the gargoyle was going to break off if anything he was just trying to keep Joker from getting away.

QuoteBut that was way back when?

It is simply not a big part of the character in the whole scheme of things.

It's a big part of Batman's origin no matter how long ago it was. Just because somewhere down the line someone said  lets give him a no kill rule doesn't mean that Nolan's Batman or his movies are more accurate or close to the orignal comics

I totally agree, the one thing that bothered me in the burton films was Joker dieing and Batman killing, or just Batman killing. The nolan films explore the character of batman in a better way (in my opinion) however Burton nailed the look, no questions at all.

To me Batman gunning guys down or throwing a guy down a pit to his death seemed wrong, as did the "Im going to kill you" line to the joker.

Returns didn't bother me as it seemed alittle more comical, i still remembering my dad laughing out loud in the theater when Batman fried the devil guy with his car. Plus Penguin sorta did himself in.

Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 09:28 #6 Last Edit: Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 09:33 by raleagh
Quote from: Sandman on Sat, 13 Sep  2008, 00:54
YAnd on a similar topic why does everyone think that Batman killed Joker and The Penguin when it's obvious to anyone thats even seen the movie 1 time that he didn't.

Batman's intent was to kill the Joker - regardless of how he died in the end.

QuoteReturns didn't bother me as it seemed alittle more comical

Well it is a Burton film - Burton's dark humour is the reason for that.

I think killing as a part of Batman's career at some point is unavoidable and a more logical approach considering the damage he's sustained. I've often stated that I believe the true learning experience comes not from his training abroad, but AS the Batman. So, yes, I think he would be responsible for deaths at least in the early part of his crime fighting career in a pre Robin enviroment.

I'm willing to let this aspect of Burton slide, for now. He did kill many people, and few were in self defense. But I guess...who cares; Batman - he's human; he has faults; and he's dark. I suppose it explains why Arkham Asylum does not exist in any of Burton's Batman films.

Batman did want to kill the Joker: remember when he says to joker: "im gonna kill you!!!" and then he hit him to make him fall??? but joker hang himself and then pull batman and vicky, and the gargoyle issue was because the joker was going to escape and it was the only thing that batman could do to stop him, but im sure that batman want to kill him