Are you a fan of the dark & eerie vibe and the depressing look of Batman Returns

Started by Jack Napier, Mon, 1 Sep 2008, 21:27

Previous topic - Next topic
That is one of the best aspects of the movie. That is what makes the movie enjoyable to watch for me. The gothic surroundings of the movie are a Burton original and can NEVER be replicated. NO Batman will ever capture the darkness of Returns EVER again.
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

I love it.
That shot in the beginning showing the skyscrapers and then panning down on the Cobblepots wheeling their son's carriage through the park. Just beautiful.

i love the expressionism style of the movie and i believe that is darker because is the 2nd movie of a trilogy (like empire strikes back), what could be a Tim Burton trilogy

When B89 was released Tim said the following about a possible sequel (Returns)

"And the only thing to do is to make the sequel unbelievable, and take it to the next level - I think it must get weirder before it gets anything else. "

From here: http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/articles.php?showarticle=43

I prefere the feel of Batman.

But I do like Returns as well. Great sequel, like someone said above kind of like Empire Strikes back theme in the movie. Also like what TDK tried to capture.

The feel of Returns reminds me of the feel of Edward Scissorhands. Its very dark and very said, yet very surreal at the same time. And theres plenty of pathos for the characters. Plus, its best to view the movie in the winter, it gives it and additional kick I think

Quote from: GothamAlleys on Mon, 27 Sep  2010, 00:58
Plus, its best to view the movie in the winter, it gives it and additional kick I think
No doubt about it, it does aid the film's vibe. At night with the air conditioner on as low as it can go is an equally good substitute. Make sure you are shivering, too. Wear a t-shirt, shorts and no socks. Believe me, you'll be more emersed in the film. You will feel the atmosphere.

i can only watch it in the dark when its a little chilly. sometimes i'll have a cup of hot cocoa.

I kinda like it the other way, when its windy, dark and snowing outside the window, but warm and cozy inside - the best setting for watching BR!