Prince Soundtrack

Started by ZUPERZERO, Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 07:17

Previous topic - Next topic

does anyone know where can i found "electric chair" and "Vicky waiting" film version??? this are the songs you listen in the Wayne Manor party

Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 07:29 #1 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 07:33 by ZUPERZERO
I remember  back in 89 this soundtrack sounds everywhere, with the Batdance, then it came a time (90's) when the Prince's batman music was crucified, like all the 80's fashion were crucified in the 90's, but now you can forget all that and enjoy the album for what it is, i honestly enjoy it very much, i think is the darkest Prince album, and is very good, each song is what each charatcer says, for example "the Future" is what Batman is thinking, "Partyman" is what the Joker is thinking, Vicky Waiting what Bruce and each song is like that, my favorite tracks are "The Future" and "Vicky Waiting", but i also love "Electric Chair", "Partyman" and "trust". this soundtrack really complement well the movie, because you hear what the charatcers are thinking

i love electric chair and bat dance.

i remember first hearing batdance on the radio - i would spend all day flicking between radio stations on the off chance that one of them was playing it!

As part of Empire magazines 20th Anniversary they are reinacting iconic movie scenes.

Batman gets a look in

Jack Nicholson also gives a brief interview in the same Empire piece.

I wish Empire would do a whole feature on the Burton/Schumacher films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Cool shot of the Batman album.

I agree that Empire should do a piece on the Burton/Schumacher era, but they might just revert to comparing those films to BB and TDK.

I own the Prince Batman album, and I listen to it almost daily via I-Pod. Seriously great music!

Quote from: Grissom on Fri, 24 Apr  2009, 21:05
Cool shot of the Batman album.

I agree that Empire should do a piece on the Burton/Schumacher era, but they might just revert to comparing those films to BB and TDK.

You're probably right.  I regularly buy Empire, but I do get the impression that they favour the Nolan films over the earlier Batman franchise. 

However, I was impressed that Empire's recent 'top 10 cars in film' featured Batman '89's Batmobile, not Nolan's version.  In fact, the writer of the piece even stated that the former was much more aesthetically pleasing than Nolan's design (which is true).

Quote from: Batmoney on Fri, 24 Apr  2009, 21:23
I own the Prince Batman album, and I listen to it almost daily via I-Pod. Seriously great music!

Agreed.  It always annoys me how often people dismiss this soundtrack.  Although as a massive fan of Prince, I do have to laugh at the scene in 'Sean of the Dead' where Sean and his mate throw the Prince's 'Batman' LP at the approaching zombies but decide to spare 'Purple Rain' and 'Sign of the Times'.  Personally, I'm a fan of all three (and several of Prince's other albums) but I realise that the 'Batman' soundtrack is not as highly regarded as the 'PR' and 'SotT'.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Haha, it's the only Prince I listen to! In the new wrestling game Smackddwon Vs Raw 2009, my created character has a gimmick- he dances and parties, and what else would be his entrance music be but partyman!

Quote from: ral on Fri, 24 Apr  2009, 18:44
As part of Empire magazines 20th Anniversary they are reinacting iconic movie scenes.

Batman gets a look in

Hey Ral, you should post the Empire portfolio picture of Jack Nicholson reinacting the Joker without makeup!!! Its brilliant mate. Good to see Jack back as the Joker in one brief pic, and the fact he's still proud of his performance no matter what people have said about Ledgers overratted portrayal.