New Action Figures from Burton's Batman Movies

Started by ZUPERZERO, Sun, 22 Jun 2008, 08:55

Previous topic - Next topic
 you are making a campain for the Danny Elfman's score re-realease, why not make a campain to sugest mattel and Dc Direct to realease a new line of well done action figures, like the ones Mattel Brought out: "The Dark Knight Movie Masters" Line. check it out, they are really cool, when i saw them i just wish that someday they made a Michael Keaton's Batman Action Figure with that quality.

the 20 aniversary is the perfect excuse to realese them, just imagine:

BAtman (89)
Batman (Returns)
joker
catwoman
Pinguin

(and it would be perfect to have Vicky Vale, Bruce Wayne, Jack Napier, Selina Kyle, Bob the goon, Max Shreck, too i now is much to ask for, but at least the first 5)
if they want to realese from forever and robin, i dont care, maybe i'll buy them jejeje.

please make this campain

greetings from Mexico

I can certainly set up a petition, but i need certain things

1.  does anyone else agree that there should be one

2.  who should the petition be addressed to specifically

3.  detailed dimensions of the figures and accessories

4.  a well written argument to post as the main letter of the petition

5.  is there a real demand for these?

Theres a demand among collectors, thats for sure. Just read other collector forums. It would have to go to Mattell, you could possibly try to talk to Matt at LoG to see if we can pull together on this since he has contact info for Mattell reps.

Not a bad idea.

At the moment, I can't put another petition on the site, due to the way i set the first one up.  i am re-working it at the moment, so once its sorted i can set one up.

I don't think this is something that anyone but DC Direct would bother with. They're a manufacturer for collectors, really. Mattel would have no interest. Kids aren't interested in a bunch of old adaptations. They just want the new one.

Even at that, I don't think this would happen. Well-loved as B89 may be (BR is more of a very cult classic), the market isn't big enough, I think. Whereas something like remastered Elfman soundtracks appeal to a wider audience (general Batman fans, soundtrack/score enthusiasts, Elfman fans).
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Mon, 23 Jun  2008, 03:08
I don't think this is something that anyone but DC Direct would bother with. They're a manufacturer for collectors, really. Mattel would have no interest. Kids aren't interested in a bunch of old adaptations. They just want the new one.

Even at that, I don't think this would happen. Well-loved as B89 may be (BR is more of a very cult classic), the market isn't big enough, I think. Whereas something like remastered Elfman soundtracks appeal to a wider audience (general Batman fans, soundtrack/score enthusiasts, Elfman fans).

agreed

but those figures done with the same detail as those bb/tdk would be one hell of a ride.

This is really a great idea! I wish someone like Todd Mcfarlane could get the licence to do them. Can you just imagine the detail?

Hi . I am new here. Love ur idea.. I would like to have that for a long time. But please let me express one thing: we bat-fans are WAYYYY too easily satisfied. Look at the toys over the years... they SUCK big time. (the good ones are the dark kngiht colletion and the batman returns line.) Yes the movie masters are a big improvement but there's lack of accessories, as well as proportions problems. They need to get this right . DC direct is really doing a poor job. Look at the TDK figures taht they put out. Those are ridiculous, considering they shuld have the most resources of the costumes, characters, etc. The comic line is much better, but they are more like statutes than anything else (lack of  joints). It's way too easy to rip bat-fans monies off. I hope you guys will agree with me. If not, I would show some prove too thx guys for reading

I just wanted to bring this up. At SDCC, Mattel said that they plan on doing figures based on the past Superman films for the current Movie Masters line.

Why???