Look! It's "Gossip Gerty"!

Started by Bobthegoon89, Sun, 30 Sep 2012, 23:53

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is a tricky one for you naysayers out there desperate to seperate your Burton Batman from your neon lit bat nipples of Schumacher. In Batman Returns there is a moment where Gothamites discuss The Penguin amongst recent headlines. In the crowd there is a woman who looks suspiciously like Bob Kane's wife! Why it's also the lady who played nosy Gotham reporter Gossip Gerty in the later sequels!!! Gasp continuity IT DOES EXIST! lol

Obviously it's the wife of the creator of Batman having a nice walk on (one was also planned for the original movie). But with her getting to grips with gossip in the city can we assume this is the lady herself pre-career and fame? I like to think so. It's a spikey suggestion I'm sure.

Who says it's before she becomes famous? Maybe she just went out and bought a newspaper. Chatting up any random passer-by sounds like something Gerty would do.

Many years have passed, another great Batman films series is already part of history, so a fan has come to terms with what the 90s Schumacher films are, and can be enjoyed on that level, but...

TO THIS DAY SHE IS THE SINGLE ELEMENT OF THE BATMAN FILMS THAT I CAN'T STAND, SHE'S WORSE THAN THE BAT-CARD

Hahaha "Never leave the cave without it".

I think she was meant to be annoying. Bruce clearly tolerates her during the third movie and by the fourth seems to have become a tad more friendlier with her. Maybe he forgave her for siding with Ed Nygma "Are you yesterday's news Brucie?".

Still there she is in Returns. And it seems her tendancies to be sympathetic to villains was no different back then "He's like a frog that became a Prince" lol

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Mon,  1 Oct  2012, 15:04

TO THIS DAY SHE IS THE SINGLE ELEMENT OF THE BATMAN FILMS THAT I CAN'T STAND, SHE'S WORSE THAN THE BAT-CARD

:D :D :D :D

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Mon,  1 Oct  2012, 15:04Many years have passed, another great Batman films series is already part of history, so a fan has come to terms with what the 90s Schumacher films are, and can be enjoyed on that level, but...

Well, when you're right, you're right.

Its funny cause as a kid when BF came out I almost realized immediately she was the "he's like a frog who became a prince" woman from BR.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.