What is Warner Bros doing?

Started by johnnygobbs, Wed, 16 Nov 2011, 20:50

Previous topic - Next topic
I was hoping for deleted scenes but if they won't do it with Batman there no way they do that with Batman returns
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Quote from: riddler on Mon, 12 Dec  2011, 22:22(come to think of it aside from Captain america, were there any superhero films without the cape crusader in the 90's?)
Spawn, The Shadow (if that counts as a superhero), Steel, Blade (if that counts as a superhero), The Phantom, The Rocketeer, the Roger Corman Fantastic Four, Barb Wire, The Mask and Zorro come to mind.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  1 Aug  2012, 22:54
Quote from: riddler on Mon, 12 Dec  2011, 22:22(come to think of it aside from Captain america, were there any superhero films without the cape crusader in the 90's?)
Spawn, The Shadow (if that counts as a superhero), Steel, Blade (if that counts as a superhero), The Phantom, The Rocketeer, the Roger Corman Fantastic Four, Barb Wire, The Mask and Zorro come to mind.

I know this will be a minority, or even "controversial" view, but for me The Shadow is a "superhero" as much as Batman is (at least the Batman as presented by Burton, Nolan, and some of the best comics).

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Fri,  3 Aug  2012, 11:44

I know this will be a minority, or even "controversial" view, but for me The Shadow is a "superhero" as much as Batman is (at least the Batman as presented by Burton, Nolan, and some of the best comics).

Totally off topic but, speaking of Shadow, Intrada just released the complete remastered score for the film. Took only 18 years. Wooo! Jerry Goldsmith had such a talent for doling out fab scores for underwhelming movies, though I must admit that The Shadow(1994) was rudimentary, but entertaining, and not without quite a bit of substances.

I remember that I loved it as a kid (on VHS, at around the same time Forever came out). These were the pre-internet days, and after that I learned that it was a commercial flop, and that I "should" hate it. I don't think I was consuming everything thrown at me, I hated other genre movies like Robocop 3, Forever, I thought Judge Dredd was more comedy than action, but I liked the Shadow. Need to refresh my memory, haven't seen it since the mid 00s, but I think the only reason people think it sucks was its commercial failure. And yeah, it has a great score.

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Sat,  4 Aug  2012, 12:30
I remember that I loved it as a kid (on VHS, at around the same time Forever came out). These were the pre-internet days, and after that I learned that it was a commercial flop, and that I "should" hate it. I don't think I was consuming everything thrown at me, I hated other genre movies like Robocop 3, Forever, I thought Judge Dredd was more comedy than action, but I liked the Shadow. Need to refresh my memory, haven't seen it since the mid 00s, but I think the only reason people think it sucks was its commercial failure. And yeah, it has a great score.

I still watch it from time to time. Got a younger sibling that likes it, too. It's actually pretty good. I think the redemption angle is what really sells this movie, at least to me. I like the idea of Shadow being a bad guy whose been forced to go straight. Kind of Spawn-esque (the tv series, anyway). In retrospective, I think I'd have liked seeing the filmmakers utilized more pulp Shadow than Radio Shadow, at least where his origin was concerned. 'Kent Allard' was a great quasi mystery to me, this idea that the Shadow wears many false faces, and whose very existence may not be what or who you think it is. But, you know one thing, Lamont Cranston isn't his real name. But, Koepp, tried to condense two elements, and fairly successfully I might add, into a center of the road action adventure piece with a really nice period gloss and other nice elements.

I mean...is it X2 or Spider-Man. No. Didn't need to be. I'd like to see another pass made at the property.

you ask if blade counts as a superhero, then you put zorro? lol.

i wish they'd do something. anything. i'm not picky. ok i am but still.

I really should write that 'what BR means to me' piece and get it on the front page.