A Stop Motion Batman Film

Started by waufreak89, Thu, 11 Jun 2009, 00:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 02:08
I was talking about a s.m. Batman series by Burton.  ;)

:-[  Sorry...
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

No problem.

Anyway, what do you think?

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 02:15
No problem.

I'm not sure.  I think Burton is very much a film director, rather than someone who would set their sights on TV.  Also, I think stop-motion would probably work better for a film rather than a regular series, bearing in mind the labour-intensive work that goes into such endeavours.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 01:53
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 01:39
I'd love Burton to do another Batman film (I know it's never gonna happen though).  However, I'd rather it was a live-action continuation of the films he has already made (i.e. the end of an unofficial trilogy).

Or how about a t.v. series?

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 02:23
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 02:15
No problem.

I'm not sure.  I think Burton is very much a film director, rather than someone who would set their sights on TV.  Also, I think stop-motion would probably work better for a film rather than a regular series, bearing in mind the labour-intensive work that goes into such endeavours.

I am all for a Burton directed stop motion Batman TV show.  Though I think johnnygobbs raises a legitimate issue.  Given the time frame of TV seasons and the production time of stop motion the only way it would work is if the entire first season was in the can before they started airing.  Then if the show took off and a second season was commissioned fans would have to wait a long time before it was completed.  In the end, if a stop motion Batman project was to be done it would be best suited in a single film format.

Ideally it would get as a feature length but it would also work as a short piece.  If it was a short film then the chances of Burton doing it increase as it would be less intrusive to his other ongoing and upcoming projects.

First, I think that a stop motion show produced for TV and shown on a weekly basis would be some sort of "downgrading", even if they could technically pull it of. A full-length feature (theatrically released) would have more impact, I think.

Also, I'm glad Batman hasn't appeared since the 60s on TV in a form other than animation. Movies always have more impact compared to TV shows, and I like it more for Batman to stay in the movies. I wouldn't want for Batman to get overexposed in the tube (even a HDTV one, and with tight plot-lines like the best 24 or Prison Break episodes). A power the films have is that they are a 2-hour experience with self-closure after a 3 (at least) year wait.

Anyways, I like it more when Tim does his own concepts like Nightmare and Corpse Bride in stop-motion... I'd really love to see a Batman "elseworlds" comic illustrated by Tim Burton with his unique style. Maybe a Neil Gaiman (story) / Tim Burton (artwork) collaboration, but this is a fever dream ;D There's been very wild elseworlds stories with Bats, I don't see a reason for such a comic book not to be done some time.

I wouldnt care to see a Batman related show on TV unless it was animated, we dont need it really, anyone remember Birds of Prey? lol

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 21:17
I wouldnt care to see a Batman related show on TV unless it was animated, we dont need it really, anyone remember Birds of Prey? lol

Yeah, I wasn't really into Birds of Prey that much, either. Still, that doesn't block my thoughts of having a new l.a. Batman show. After all, it's been over 40 years, man.

Im content with the films for now.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: silenig on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 19:26
I'd really love to see a Batman "elseworlds" comic illustrated by Tim Burton with his unique style. Maybe a Neil Gaiman (story) / Tim Burton (artwork) collaboration, but this is a fever dream ;D
I would LOVE that!

Yea i agree, It would be somthing out of this world.