Started by shadowbat69, Tue, 6 Nov 2007, 03:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Keaton Batsuit is your favorite

1989 Batsuit
20 (57.1%)
Batman Returns suit
15 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

I agree that the Returns suit is the best-looking. The whole shape of the mask, the nose, the eyebrows and the ears look simply incredible in the film's cinematography as well as the photo-shoots.

IMO the Dark Knight suit is not as visually striking, but it gives the impression of a "practical" Batman, a Batman that "could work". This suit makes him almost a black-ops agent that just happens to have a cape and two pointed ears on his mask/helmet. It's more "realistic" in the context of the film.

Here's a picture of The Dark Knight suit. Remember, it is bathed in full light. It looks more effective at night, of course.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2304/2477807075_5807e932c5.jpg?v=0

I love the Returns suit is more sleeker,but 89 suit for me.^^ It brings out
the darkness more...

I am Vengence,I Am The Night....

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 25 Jul  2008, 08:59
Here's a picture of The Dark Knight suit. Remember, it is bathed in full light. It looks more effective at night, of course.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2304/2477807075_5807e932c5.jpg?v=0

Aren't we talking about Keaton's suits?  ;)

Quote from: silenig on Fri, 25 Jul  2008, 08:52
I agree that the Returns suit is the best-looking. The whole shape of the mask, the nose, the eyebrows and the ears look simply incredible in the film's cinematography as well as the photo-shoots.
Agreed. Its simplicity is its major asset.

Quote from: silenig on Fri, 25 Jul  2008, 08:52

I did think it looked a little too shiney in some pictures.

I'm mixed.  I like the streamlined elements of the Returns suit, but I don't like the armor aspect.  I like the muscle armor of the B89 suit, but the head looks a little bulky.  So I guess I like them both ;) 
I appreciate ALL dark, serious, and faithful Batman films.

Same with me. I think that the 89' Batsuit has the better body armor. Returns is a nice batsuit, but not as nice as the 89' suit.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 07:35 #29 Last Edit: Thu, 19 Feb 2009, 10:28 by The Batman Returns
Here's my review of the batsuits from 1989-1992:

BATMAN: 10/10. The first non-leotard superhero suit & the first all black batsuit. That's just revolutionary. I love how it's simplistic but yet looks frightening. I can't spot any flaws. Definitely iconic & a classic! :D

Batman Returns: 11/10. I love how it looks like armor rather than a muscle suit. It adds more to Batman being called "The Dark Knight". The cowl also looks very menacing. Overall, I love how it's elaborate but isn't over the top like later suits b/c the color scheme is perfect. ;D