A third burton batman?

Started by Sandman, Tue, 1 Jul 2008, 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic

When nolan finishes his series if burton were to team up with keaton again for one more batman movie would you go see it?

HELL YES!!
21 (77.8%)
NO WAY!!
0 (0%)
Depend on how it looks
2 (7.4%)
Only if keaton returns
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Would you like another burton/keaton batman?

Hell YES. Let's all send letters to WB!

it be interesting to see what he can do
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Only with Keaton, give us TDKR, and have it continue from the original 2

I think you would have to send letters to burton and keaton not warner bros
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

I'd rather him redo the first film into his own intent, rather continuing. I'm wondering what he'd do with Joker, given the darkness involved in Penguin and his love for killing joke (which got shoved to being more in BMR than BM). I'd also want to see Jack do a very dark, near Shining esque role, but he's too old now!
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Quote from: TheBatMan0887 on Tue,  1 Feb  2011, 06:35
I'd rather him redo the first film into his own intent, rather continuing.
Nah. That's the last thing I'd want. You can't top perfection. Such talk is alright for fan speculation, but nothing more. And frankly, there's a bit too much emphasis on such things sometimes. If Burton came back, onwards and upwards. The past is just that. The past. Burton likes creating new worlds from the ground up, and doesn't like going over old ground. A brand new adventure would excite me a whole lot more.

Thu, 3 Feb 2011, 02:07 #7 Last Edit: Thu, 3 Feb 2011, 02:11 by TheBatMan0887
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  1 Feb  2011, 07:23
Quote from: TheBatMan0887 on Tue,  1 Feb  2011, 06:35
I'd rather him redo the first film into his own intent, rather continuing.
Nah. That's the last thing I'd want. You can't top perfection. Such talk is alright for fan speculation, but nothing more. And frankly, there's a bit too much emphasis on such things sometimes. If Burton came back, onwards and upwards. The past is just that. The past. Burton likes creating new worlds from the ground up, and doesn't like going over old ground. A brand new adventure would excite me a whole lot more.

Well, I don't mean to redo the film or franchise as a whole. If it were free to Burton, it would be a brand new film on its own. Its just incomplete that he had to use sources he wanted to out of order. So no, this most definitely wont be old ground or to call anything to the 89 film's glory, just it would be his golden opportunity to finally be alone to make his incarnation of a BatMan vs Joker plot in general.

If Burton continued, he'd only get back lashed or parodied by the larger Nolanites and school boy idiots of today who destroyed Burton's imagination as to being of no different per movie (versus I don't know, say a casual theme or core character many movie makers take on for their films). And that all they can say is that Burton is the reason for mostly all the direction of the 89 film, most naysayers who can't enjoy or call legitimacy props to both films would ruin the third proposed film anyhow. Even Penguin was effected in a way, not by externals, such as the voice tone or talent playing him, but in that he was made more psychotic than he should have been. In essence, Penguin's original character coming within the sources is intertwined with TKJ in such a way that the character of the insanity is simply a different class to that of Joker's.

Tim Burton should start over to show what a real Tim Burton BatMan or Joker should be, un-effected by another direction or authority over a studio. Remember Burton's statement of going into the weird with a lighthearted approach, well with Sleepy Hollow and more, this stereotype is not the case. That Joker would be no less gruesome than some of Burton's more vicious films, maybe even top the Heath Joker in his actions and doings.

After this do I say he should tackle the other villains, such as Scarecrow.
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

Quote from: TheBatMan0887 on Thu,  3 Feb  2011, 02:07
Tim Burton should start over to show what a real Tim Burton BatMan or Joker should be
I believe he has already shown what a real Joker should be like. His Joker struck a perfect balance. The point is that Nicholson's prissy comic Joker (white skin, clown toys, etc) contrasts with Ledger's punk creation. I don't see the point in trying to out-gruesome Ledger's Joker. Don't acknowledge it. Stick to the real intent of the comic, cos' Burton nailed it first time - with or without limitations. Yin and Yang, man!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  3 Feb  2011, 03:52
I believe he has already shown what a real Joker should be like. His Joker struck a perfect balance. The point is that Nicholson's prissy comic Joker (white skin, clown toys, etc) contrasts with Ledger's punk creation. I don't see the point in trying to out-gruesome Ledger's Joker. Don't acknowledge it. Stick to the real intent of the comic, cos' Burton nailed it first time - with or without limitations. Yin and Yang, man!

Eloquently stated and wholeheartedly agree.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."