face to face

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 19 Jun 2010, 02:47

Previous topic - Next topic
How did this thread get to two pages and no idiot (ESPECIALLY the blithering idiot who started the thread!  >:( >:( >:( ) posted the damn video?

More than four years later, correcting that error. Enjoy, silly boys.

This song totally captures the mood between Batman and Catwoman, and it's perfectly played in the background in the costumed ballroom scene.

These lyrics describe their final scene together as Bruce offers Selina a chance to escape with him, while he tries to convince her to spare Max Shreck.

Another life
Another time
We're Siamese twins writhing intertwined
Face to face
No telling lies
The masks they slide to reveal a new disguise
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I'm partial to

QuoteTo die like this, with a last kiss
It's falsehood's flame, it's a crying shame
Face to face, the passions breathe
I hate to stay
Oh but then I hate to leave

I like that line the most, too. It captures the conflicted/tortured vibe of the song.

The other lyrics have been/are being covered. But one line that always stood out to me was the first line:

Face to face, my lovely foe

I love it because (A) it's not true for most of the movie but (B) it's true in every frame of the movie in a weird kind of way while (C) as much as Bruce and Selina loved each other... well, love wasn't necessarily the defining value of their association, now was it? But combat might've been.

So much conveyed in six simple words.