toxic

Started by Catwoman, Tue, 20 Aug 2013, 02:08

Previous topic - Next topic
idk why i even post about this show anymore since i am obviously like the only one watching it but ok here goes.

omg this one made me cry. poor rex/metamorpho. :( i knew that stag was a total asshole based off the first epi but damn. i wish alfred and batsy had let pyg and toad kill him now and just saved the nice rich black guy lol.

and what the hell is bethany ravencroft up to with her texting? who is she in cahoots with? why the hell am i even asking this since no one else even watches?

While i'm beginning to catch up with the show i will eventually contribute to these threads & give my thoughts on the episodes however i will say this the show is...it is a little weird mainly cause i'm use to the original batman baddies & not these lesser-known villains but the show is pretty good & i like it i just hope to see the originals villains soon.
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

This was another good one.  Nice to see that they're threading other elements throughout the series, like bringing Stagg and Ravencroft back.  With Metamorpho and Katana in the show, I wonder if we'll see an Outsiders team-up eventually.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Thu, 22 Aug  2013, 03:30
This was another good one.  Nice to see that they're threading other elements throughout the series, like bringing Stagg and Ravencroft back.  With Metamorpho and Katana in the show, I wonder if we'll see an Outsiders team-up eventually.

ok dumb question. who are the outsiders?

and yes i like they will be keeping people coming back. i hope we get another magpie appearance this season.

Quoteok dumb question. who are the outsiders?
They're a group of superheroes that Batman founded, which include Metamorpho and Katana.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Thu, 22 Aug 2013, 17:15 #5 Last Edit: Thu, 22 Aug 2013, 20:43 by Silver Nemesis
In case anyone's interested, I did start a thread about the original Batman and the Outsiders comic earlier in the year: http://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=2244.0

It wasn't very interesting, as evidenced by the lack of responses. But if anyone wants to discuss the history of the team or the comic they debuted in, the thread's there.

thanks you guys, i will check it out.

I re-watched this episode last night for the first time in four years. Simon Stagg is indeed a bastard for wanting to ruin his daughter's relationship just because he doesn't approve her dating a security guard.

They may not be literally identical, but I reckon Stagg has a lot in common with BR's Max Shreck. Both are elitist and very manipulative into getting what they want for their business aspirations i.e. Shreck convincing the Penguin to run for Mayor to make his plans for the nuclear reactor possible, and Stagg sets up Mason to stage the Metamorpho transformation as an accident.

Obviously, their attempts at murder are responsible for playing a direct role of a character getting rebirthed into somebody else - Rex Mason/Metamorpho and Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Although in Selina's case, Shreck tried to kill her because she knew too much, whereas Rex was deprived of Sapphire because Stagg believed his daughter deserved to be with man of a "higher class". Despite being are cold-blooded, both men do love their children.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei