BATMAN ANNIVERSARY DATES

Started by Tarzan1941, Sat, 27 Jun 2009, 03:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Jun  2009, 02:45
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 28 Jun  2009, 17:02
I can't wait for June 19th 2012!   ;D
I can. I'm not going to wish my life away just for some anniversary date.  ;)

If there ever was a device to slow down time  :P

Quote from: silenig on Tue, 30 Jun  2009, 10:07
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Jun  2009, 02:45
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 28 Jun  2009, 17:02
I can't wait for June 19th 2012!   ;D
I can. I'm not going to wish my life away just for some anniversary date.  ;)

If there ever was a device to slow down time  :P

There is...it's called Batman & Robin  ;)

Wed, 8 Jul 2009, 05:08 #14 Last Edit: Thu, 9 Jul 2009, 03:23 by Tarzan1941
Here is the updated Anniversary Bat-Dates.  I am still missing an exact date for the BATMAN CBS premier and the BATMAN Mask of the Phantasm HBO premier.  The CBS premier is driving me nuts.  IF anyone out there can help me out and remember what month it was shown, please let me know.  I even wrote a letter to CBS asking them for help, but they have not replied yet.  But yeah, aside from being a Wednesday, three hours long, on CBS and in 1992, I cannot find an exact month.  So jog your memories guys and gals, please.  Or even better, perhaps one of you recorded it off of TV that night and are willing to pop the tape in and scan through the commercials looking for a date or a special program that was advertised.  Anything that will create a lead so I can go off of and start a search from there.  That would be a great big help.

BATMAN HOLLYWOOD premier: June 19th, 1989

BATMAN wide release: June 23, 1989

BATMAN VHS release: November 15, 1989

BATMAN HBO premier: July 8th, 1990

BATMAN CBS Network premier: 1992 (still trying to find an exact date.)

BATMAN RETURNS HOLLYWOOD premier: June 15th, 1992

BATMAN RETURNS The Bat, The Cat & The Penguin CBS TV special: June 17, 1992

BATMAN RETURNS wide release: June 19th, 1992

BATMAN RETURNS VHS release: October 21, 1992

BATMAN RETURNS HBO premier: June 5th, 1993

BATMAN RETURNS NBC Network premier: February 12, 1995

BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM: wide release: December 25, 1993

BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM VHS release: May 11, 1994

BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM HBO premier: (still trying to find an exact date.)

BATMAN FOREVER HOLLYWOOD premier: June 9, 1995

BATMAN FOREVER Riddle Me This: Why Is Batman Forever? ABC TV special June 14,  1995

BATMAN FOREVER wide release: June 16, 1995

BATMAN FOREVER HBO First Look: June 16, 1995

BATMAN FOREVER VHS release: October 31, 1995

BATMAN FOREVER HBO premier: May 4, 1996

BATMAN FOREVER NBC Network premier: November 16, 1997

BATMAN & ROBIN HOLLYWOOD premier: June 12, 1997

BATMAN & ROBIN wide release: June 20, 1997

BATMAN & ROBIN VHS release: October 21, 1997

BATMAN & ROBIN HBO premier: July 18, 1998

BATMAN & ROBIN TBS World Broadcast premier: November 7, 1999

BATMAN & MR. FREEZE: SUBZERO VHS release March 17, 1998

BATMAN & MR. FREEZE: SUBZERO Kids WB TV premier: May 16, 1998

BATMAN (1989) premiered on HBO today July, 8th back in 1990. Nineteen years ago, man, time does fly. Just a heads up to my other bat-fans. How come the poster didn't remember?  ;D

Damn I know I am tired and slow when I had to read that like 15 times to realize what today's date is.  Yeah, 19 years ago today.  Where in the hell does the time go?! 

You know what I like about this thread?  The fact that we care to take the time to care in the first place.  Do you really think any other fan base, except maybe Star Wars fans and perhaps even Star Trek fans would take the time to learn and appreciate their anniversary dates?  Think anyone is going to remember in 20 years that Transformers came out?  Doubtful.  Sure. they'll remember it, but they won't "remember" it.  Think anyone in 2013 is going to be celebrating Jurassic Park's anniversary?  Again, doubtful.  Think anyone is going to be celebrating The Matrix, Independence Day, or even the Indiana Jones Trilogy (no, the last one doesn't count.  The only thing I can think of is, they were on drugs.  And a butt load at that!)?  I have yet to run across another fan base that shares our enthusiasm for such events.  Sure, they may remember the year, but will they remember the date?  Will they remember the little things that make up the big picture?  Naw, they won't.  So take pride Bat-Fans, I think you've earned some respect for showing your respect for the one you love.

Thu, 9 Jul 2009, 14:47 #17 Last Edit: Sat, 11 Jul 2009, 23:48 by batass4880
I remember the HBO trailer when it was first showing in 1990. It was different from the theatrical one but I actually think it was just as cool. It didn't have much music in it like that one either. I didn't have HBO but I had the Preview Channel and would get chills just by watching it! I would sometimes sit through minutes of other previews just to catch it. I used to think it was the official trailer because I had never seen the theatrical one until 2005.

If anyone can find this, please post it :D

I think I may have seen that HBO promo on youtube, but I can't be sure. I also love the fact that we can remember such dates, wether it be the public dates, like premiers, show dates etc., or personal dates when we first saw the film. I love remembering these dates and it's great to see other bat-fans share my desire.

Great research Tarzan, thanks again!