20th.batman89.com

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 15:08

Previous topic - Next topic
hmm. Some thoughts.

My first thought is a big and originally written article/feature presenting a retrospect on the film with facts, information etc. some of which won't be widely known by less knowledgable fans (like me  ;) ), broken down in sub-categories. It could be written by anyone up to the task, or (better) as a collaboration by members having the knowledge and skill to do it (like many big magazine features are usually collaborations).

- The "Comic/ film" comparison (in a more refined version, but it's great as it is) should be a central and important piece of this Batman 89 feature, as it's a fantastic piece of original research.

- The film's Legacy
- its historical importance as a comic book film and an influence on future generations of comic films. The career of filmmaker Tim Burton etc.

- The Batmania and all the crazyness back then, the insane merchandise etc.

In conjuction with this feature a lot of visual stuff of course The very first trailer released ever, pictures, rare photos preferably, trailer clips, interview clips - some of the famous promo pics (like the emblem itself of course, the batwing/clouds, the joker/beach, the batcave monitors) but most less seen.. stuff that is beautiful, funny, insightful, interesting or all at once.
--
Yeah, I also agree with this "memories" section with personal thoughts done by anyone that wishes to share them. I'll prepare one of mine   ;)

Quote from: silenig on Thu, 12 Mar  2009, 21:48
hmm. Some thoughts.

My first thought is a big and originally written article/feature presenting a retrospect on the film with facts, information etc. some of which won't be widely known by less knowledgable fans (like me  ;) ), broken down in sub-categories. It could be written by anyone up to the task, or (better) as a collaboration by members having the knowledge and skill to do it (like many big magazine features are usually collaborations).

- The "Comic/ film" comparison (in a more refined version, but it's great as it is) should be a central and important piece of this Batman 89 feature, as it's a fantastic piece of original research.

- The film's Legacy
- its historical importance as a comic book film and an influence on future generations of comic films. The career of filmmaker Tim Burton etc.

- The Batmania and all the crazyness back then, the insane merchandise etc.

In conjuction with this feature a lot of visual stuff of course The very first trailer released ever, pictures, rare photos preferably, trailer clips, interview clips - some of the famous promo pics (like the emblem itself of course, the batwing/clouds, the joker/beach, the batcave monitors) but most less seen.. stuff that is beautiful, funny, insightful, interesting or all at once.
--
Yeah, I also agree with this "memories" section with personal thoughts done by anyone that wishes to share them. I'll prepare one of mine   ;)

Great idea. I also think that there should be BATMAN related drawings (or other decorative related things) made by the members in order to add an artistic expression for the film's anniversary.

*cough cough* Reeves should publish a limited edition book on Tim Burton's Batman movies. *cough cough*

8)

This will sound like an obvious answer and one that will more than likely be laughed at, but I am going to throw it out there.  I want to see a Q & A with either Michael Keaton or Tim Burton or any other major player from this film.  If Star Trek fans can get their guys to do documentaries and fan interviews, than I don't see why we can't either.  I am sure through the wonders of the internet we could track down the proper people to contact to get things rolling.

I would love to see people's personal photos from 1989.  What were their collections like?  What did they get for their birthday? Christmas? I love the idea of capturing Batman 89 on one web site, but let's not forget and overlook the year that was 1989.  Let's not overlook Ghostbusters II and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. Let's not forget what was going on in China (which if that hadn't happend I am sure Batman would have been on the covers of both Time and Newsweek!)  Let's not overlook those films that shared the cinemas along with Batman.  Let's see if we can capture the over all feeling of that year.  Let's see if we can get that awe-struck feeling we all got when we walked into our local mall and saw Batman everything everywhere.

Let's also not forget Prince's Batman and how Batdance was everywhere that year.  I have a feeling a lot of us just go straight to Danny Elfman's score when we think of Batman 89 but let's not forget Prince.  Let's face it he helped in the process and I for one am thankful of it.  So I guess what I am saying is we need a section that is devoted to both Prince and Danny Elfman.

A tribute section to both Jack Palance and Pat Hingle and please forgive me, anyone else who has passed that has worked on the film.  Let us not overlook their work and contributions.

I am sure I will think of more and I will write more suggestions in a couple of days.

great approach tarzan1941. you are right about how the site should feel -

Quote from: Tarzan1941 on Sun, 15 Mar  2009, 03:59Let's see if we can get that awe-struck feeling we all got when we walked into our local mall and saw Batman everything everywhere.

Very nice ral, was that something from WB or was it fansite. Either way it's great.

Quote from: Grissom on Mon, 16 Mar  2009, 14:04
Very nice ral, was that something from WB or was it fansite. Either way it's great.

Just an announcement - in the style of 89.

Yeah, "feeling" is the right word, we were awe-struck kids back then. That's what someone gets by this nice teaser :)

However, it shouldn't be aimed only at us (a celebration of the film for people that love it like we do), but to anyone interested, sort of an appreciation of the film "promoting" its qualities. This is why there should be some original articles etc. like the comic-to-film adaptation article etc. A mixture of the feeling of being awe-struck by this yellow oval, as well as finding out why it's such a good film apart from being this big event of 1989, for people that share the "it's an old movie that made money" point of view.

If some on-line interviews can be arranged by Ral it'd be great as well.

ok guys, firstly...

...time is moving on and I'm finding it hard to find time these days  :(

That's why I am asking for everyone who is interested in creating the sub-site 20th.batman89.com to contact me via pm

The aim is to have a team to work on it - I can't promise you riches, I can't promise you fame  ;D