1989 Batmania Vids

Started by BatmanFurst, Tue, 7 Jul 2020, 05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

This one's really interesting. I never knew that ET aired the story about the winner. Based on the commercial I always thought Robert Wuhl was going to some dudes house to deliver it.

Starting at 9:40 are interviews with Kim Basinger and Michael Keaton.

Basinger is unbelievably gorgeous in that video. Basically the perfect lead female in terms of looks and having a caring, warm personality. As Joker said before his untimely descent, "they don't make them like they used to."

I'm not expecting it, but it'd be nice to have some update about Vicki's status in the B89 comic. She could've left Gotham to be a foreign correspondent. Or, finally succumbed to the relentless advances of Knox?

You have to admit, that would be funny.

Here's a promo for Dance Party USA (80's Teen Dance Show) showcasing the multiple times that the dancers wore Bat paraphernalia.

Starting at 04:16 is another rare tv spot. It has what sounds like the on set audio from the "Whatever you do, don't let go" scene. It's interesting how some of the tv spots seemingly tried to capture the feel of that initial teaser trailer. Beyond that though, there are also some other fun tv spots for other films coming out that summer.

Did anyone archive the Jon Peters interview that was the Eyes on Cinema channel?

Here are some vintage reactions to Keaton being cast as Batman. I'd always heard that the trailer shut up all the naysayers of Keaton's casting, but apparently that wasn't the case.

Quote from: Kamdan on Fri, 23 Jul  2021, 02:21
Did anyone archive the Jon Peters interview that was the Eyes on Cinema channel?
I don't think I ever came across it. What did he talk about?