Scissorpuppy FanArt (Was dvd cover)

Started by ScissorPuppy, Thu, 17 Apr 2008, 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 17 Apr 2008, 16:58 Last Edit: Sat, 10 May 2008, 01:20 by ScissorPuppy
Made a cover to fit in with the style of Batman Returns poster art

They definitely stepped up the movie advertising with Returns as far as posters. For Batman we had 2. The same image of just the golden logo, with the difference of the teaser being nothing more than the image with the date, the theatrical being the one with the names and credits. With Returns we got 6. The teaser that had just the single section of the batlogo with the date, the other with the snow covered logo, and the more common theatrical poster with the faces.  Then there was the 3 character posters.

Tho the original 89 symbol concept is classic, I would be open for something new if they did a special edition 20th anniversary DVD.

You should have used an other Herb Ritts picture for The Joker. I wanna see his teeth!

Nice job on that cover art. Looks almost stoic to me. I like Joker grinning too but he really looks evil in his "straight face".

Thanx for the feedback. I too love the 89 symbol artwork. This was just a test to see what a returns style poster would look like for 89.

not bad at all brother

For what it is, I think it looks awesome.  I *love* the starkness of the bat logo cover ("Nicholson", "Keaton" and the logo; what more do you need??) but you knocked this one right out of the park.

Took a stabb at what a possible "forever-eqse" marketing would look like. In that Forever ( Returns/B&R did this aswell) had character posters. Again, guys I LOVE the symbol only artwork, these are just for fun. Personally All my Batman DVDs have custom cover art that only features the symbols. Even Begins. To me, the symbol is everything batman is.

Anyways, here are the 89 "Character" posters. Would love to find decent high rez pics Vale, Gorden, Bob and even Dent to complete this set.

:o

w - o - w

my favourite posters ever.  those are great.  I have been trying a similiar thing with the main website.  I have the penguin with the campaign behind him and batman with the cave behind him - but i haven't had time to make any more.

permission to post on the main site sir? ;)