What can we do?

Started by Paul (ral), Sat, 19 Apr 2008, 23:21

Previous topic - Next topic
I'll watch them both for the anniversary. It would be amazing if was re released on the big screen. Won't happen, but would be magical just the same.

The fanfilm prequel to B'89 is coming out next year on the anniversary of B'89 so that should be pretty cool.

Quote from: Doc Sock on Fri, 13 Jun  2008, 18:52
The fanfilm prequel to B'89 is coming out next year on the anniversary of B'89 so that should be pretty cool.

If PJ ever finishes it. :P

I would like to help with the 20th year celebration in anyway I can. I have a Batman website and would love to be part if this. I think organised events would be great!

Chime! Chime!  ;D
Hi David, (nice site btw)

Where are you based? At the moment its hard to organise anything, because nobody knows the numbers that would be involved.  Hopefully after TDK comes out and the hype and excitement dies off everyone will focus on B89's birthday.

PJ Wares has a few ideas for celebrations.

Any suggestions from yourself?

Hello!

Thank you, I've worked very hard on it.

I'm in Arizona, USA. I have a great idea, but I don't think there is ANY way we'll ever get it off the ground.

I was thinking we could rent a theater for a showing of Batman. The problem: TOO MUCH MONEY!!  : (

If only we could get the WB in on this.

Quote from: David Rice on Tue,  1 Jul  2008, 01:46
I was thinking we could rent a theater for a showing of Batman. The problem: TOO MUCH MONEY!!  : (

My own thoughts too!

I investigated this at a cinema here (and i think the same would apply anywhere), the costs involve covering the price of seats (average ?500, $1,000) and renting the print (?200, $400). 

If you can get enough bums on seats then the price works out at $20 per person.  Some cinemas might even be prepared to give a rebate on the price depending on the numbers attending.

They only way to make it happen is to raise awareness.  Banners on your site and topics in your forum.

Also, are there any cinemas that play old movies from time to time around?  Propose the idea that Batman will be 20 years old next year as something to tempt them to show it.

Yeah, the cost would be high.

I'm going to try and raise awareness on my site. Is BOF helping with this?

Quote from: David Rice on Thu,  3 Jul  2008, 02:49
Yeah, the cost would be high.

I'm going to try and raise awareness on my site. Is BOF helping with this?

PJ, who is the UK editor for BoF, wrote a piece on the site. Jett, owner of BoF, reserved a web address (i forget what it is now) - but not much is being done at the moment.  They are quite busy with TDK stuff i would imagine.

Thu, 3 Jul 2008, 12:24 #29 Last Edit: Thu, 3 Jul 2008, 12:26 by raleagh
Here, wear a button ;D