Hospital Scene
3 (13%)
Burning Mob's Money
1 (4.3%)
Finale
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Sun, 5 Apr 2009, 04:41 Last Edit: Sun, 5 Apr 2009, 04:43 by The Dark Knight
To commemorate Heath Ledger's birthday, here's a poll asking a simple but difficult question.

Which is the best Joker scene?

This list is off the top off my head, so inform me if I've left anything out.

Voted for the mob meeting.

Yep, good scene.

I voted for the killing of Gambol. For me it's his best scene. Got to love him making up some random explanation of his scars on the spot with knife in hand. His facial and voice acting is superb. And I love the 'try-outs' line. :D

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  5 Apr  2009, 04:45I voted for the killing of Gambol. For me it's his best scene. Got to love him making up some random explanation of his scars on the spot with knife in hand. His facial and voice acting is superb. And I love the 'try-outs' line. :D
I think it says a lot about how great Ledger's performance is that Nolan stuck mostly to a close up when the natural inclination would probably have been to alternate between a wide shot encompassing the Joker and Gambol and a close up of just Gambol to remind the audience of his peril.  Not the intuitive choice but Nolan definitely made the right choice.

As for my fave scene, I went with the interrogation.  Yeah, it makes zero sense in context but the dialogue and the performances are spot on.  All Bale really has to do in that scene is explode.  Ledger, on the other hand, has to believably light the fuse and I think he does so masterfully.

Great stuff.

Gotta vote for the hostage video myself.  Ledger gives me CHILLS everytime- not so much what he says, but how he says it- how often his tone changes, how he pats Brian on the cheek...I don't think Ledger could've done that part any better.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Sun, 5 Apr 2009, 08:25 #5 Last Edit: Sun, 5 Apr 2009, 13:23 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sun,  5 Apr  2009, 06:15
Gotta vote for the hostage video myself.  Ledger gives me CHILLS everytime- not so much what he says, but how he says it- how often his tone changes, how he pats Brian on the cheek...I don't think Ledger could've done that part any better.
That'd probably be my second fave. From fooling around to dead serious in the blink of an eye. I seriously think that full frontal Joker laugh is the best ever. Ledger really earnt his pay with that one.

Close call between the hostage video and interogation scene.

Went with the interogation scene even though i have issues with how Batman got in the room.

Quote from: ral on Sun,  5 Apr  2009, 13:07
Went with the interogation scene even though i have issues with how Batman got in the room.
Yes, same. And at what point he got in there. Apart from that, surely Joker would have sensed somebody or something that close to him. Or heard something.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  5 Apr  2009, 13:13
Quote from: ral on Sun,  5 Apr  2009, 13:07
Yes, same. And at what point he got in there. Apart from that, surely Joker would have sensed somebody or something that close to him. Or heard something.

This Batman can transform to mist (or better: thin air) in split seconds.

Remember the first Batman scene with Gordon, the triumvate in the rooftop scene or the party scene? He can literally disappear at will, like Keaton's Batman did in Axis chemicals ;D At least Batman Returns didn't have a "Batman disappears" scene, as far as I can remember.

Anyway, favorite Joker scenes are the Meeting the Mob and the Video, but most Joker scenes are powerful anyway.