Best Batman moments in TDK

Started by GuedesGothamKnight, Wed, 7 Jan 2009, 17:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 05:15
Personally, I prefer Keaton's whisper to Bale's growl, i just find it more effective, that and the fact Keaton doesn't talk unless he has to as Batman.

Let me hop onto the bandwagon! ;D

Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 05:15
I like Joker laughing as he fell, that was the one thing I thought was missing from Jack's death scene in the first Batman.

I see this scene as a combination of Jack Joker's fall & the part when that device that he has in his coat makes sounds of laughter.

However, I find Nicholson's to be better b/c it's somewhat chilling to see that wide grin of his on his dead face while the device makes laughter. It shows that, even though he's dead, he had the last laugh!

So a perfect version would have him laughing as he fell and then have the laugh continue as he's lying there.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I love the moment when the large convict, who has been built up to overpower the warden and grab the bomb activation device, does the right thing and throws it out of the window.  A brilliant piece of intentional misdirection from Nolan which sets up certain expectations and then demonstrates that not all criminals are inherently evil.
I also thought the sequence in which Dent and Rachel speak to each other just before her death is very touching and quite powerful.  I love how Batman ends up saving Dent instead of Rachel, much against both men's wishes.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

My fave Batman moment is dropping Maroni from the building. Pure Batman. Got to love the sound of the crack as his legs meet the ground. It's an excellent follow up to Begins 'swear to me!' moment.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  5 Apr  2009, 13:29
It's an excellent follow up to Begins 'swear to me!' moment.

In fact a great contrast - his methods scare Flass but not Maroni. He drops Flass slowly to the ground but breaks Maroni's legs.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 12:11
I love the moment when the large convict, who has been built up to overpower the warden and grab the bomb activation device, does the right thing and throws it out of the window.  A brilliant piece of intentional misdirection from Nolan which sets up certain expectations and then demonstrates that not all criminals are inherently evil.
And the counterpoint there is that the accountant (come on, you KNOW that little simp had to be an accountant) on the civilian barge acting like he was going to the dishonorable thing but, in the end, didn't have the guts for it.

My favourite TDK Batman moment is when he's seen standing in midst of the debris of what once was a factory building, finding Harvey Dent's coin. It's a great shot.

Great opinion guys! ;D
My fav are Bats in top of the Sears Tower, he fighting SWAT and Joker's men and the finale.
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Mon, 25 May 2009, 13:20 #28 Last Edit: Mon, 25 May 2009, 13:22 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Mon,  6 Apr  2009, 21:38
My fav are Bats in top of the Sears Tower, he fighting SWAT and Joker's men and the finale.
That's quite a good scene. I especially like how Batman dispatches the five or so SWAT with the cord, dangling them from the building. Pure Batman right there.

Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Sat, 17 Jan  2009, 17:24
Yeah, that scene is "magic"  ;D
I love Bats first appearance. He comes from nowhere, punch the bad guys and capture Scarecrow.That is The Batman!

Definately one of my favourite Batman scenes out of TDK.

I particularly love the far away shot of Bale's Batman walking away and begins looking down as the Scarecrow attempts to escape.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."