An oscar for Heath Ledger !!

Started by nicoacc, Sun, 27 Jul 2008, 23:05

Previous topic - Next topic
I think that he deserves a nomination if anything. It'd be dubious if he didn't. I'd have him win it, but that is another matter.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  8 Aug  2008, 03:08
I think that he deserves a nomination if anything. It'd be dubious if he didn't. I'd have him win it, but that is another matter.

We know you would!

I agree with ya 100% Sandman and thecoloursblend!!

Sun, 10 Aug 2008, 15:46 #12 Last Edit: Mon, 11 Aug 2008, 00:47 by The Dark Knight
Ah, very well. Ledger's Joker wisely shook up the system and remained true to the character.

"Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances."

Hummm But as much as i hate to say it to say that his Joker is popular *NOT* because of his death would be a lie. I know Nolanites go extremely overboard somtimes with there nothing is better then Nolan's films attitude but im sure even with there extreme tendency's to over hype the movie his Joker would not have been so popular had he lived.

QuoteAh, very well. Ledger's Joker wisely shook up the system and remained true to the character

I have heard heaps of nolan fans say this and i know he is meant to be based of the 40's Joker but i just don't see it. I see a completely freash new take on The Joker but nothing of the orignal.

Mon, 11 Aug 2008, 00:51 #14 Last Edit: Mon, 11 Aug 2008, 01:43 by The Dark Knight
The performance is the performance. It would have received the same ammount of praise. His death has only elevated it to legendary status.

You don't see ANY of the original character there? I'm very certain this has been debated in another thread.

It was never really resolved either, only dropped by one of the participants.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 11 Aug  2008, 01:58
It was never really resolved either, only dropped by one of the participants.
It can be resumed and thrashed out over there if it has to be discussed.

I'm quite sure one of the participants doesn't care either way.

Bringing this back on topic somewhat, I saw the movie again yesterday and while I still think highly of it, I maintain that Ledger's performance (while exceptional) doesn't merit an Oscar nomination.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 11 Aug  2008, 02:18
Bringing this back on topic somewhat, I saw the movie again yesterday and while I still think highly of it, I maintain that Ledger's performance (while exceptional) doesn't merit an Oscar nomination.

Please explain
I appreciate ALL dark, serious, and faithful Batman films.

Quote from: BurtonBatman on Mon, 11 Aug  2008, 02:26
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 11 Aug  2008, 02:18

Please explain

Yes, please do. If one of the Joker's deserves an Oscar for their portrayal, it is certainly Ledger over Nicholson in my view.