Casting a Batman A.S. Movie ? ?

Started by Batman333, Thu, 22 Oct 2009, 07:48

Previous topic - Next topic
i know exactly what you mean johnny  :-[  :)

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 25 Oct  2009, 22:45
That's hysterical Phantom, and I agree with the sentiment.  Too many fan-boys go on about how they 'wouldn't hit that', when you know for a fact the only sexual intimacy they've experienced is with the palm of their hand.
Strange as this may be to understand, this is not the Special Olympics.  We don't give points based on "how hard they try".  My point in mentioning Connelly's blah appearance is that it's a perfect match for her blah acting.  A person's worth should not be determined based on how they look...

... however, since we're discussing names for films made from comic books (a highly stylized vehicle for a specific type of fiction), their appearance is a consideration.

That's my only point.  And in relation to those things, I don't find Connelly to be a compelling option, particularly not when a better one can likely be easily found.

Mon, 26 Oct 2009, 03:11 #32 Last Edit: Mon, 26 Oct 2009, 03:21 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 25 Oct  2009, 14:23
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 25 Oct  2009, 03:33
Sorry, but I'm with colors.

Real shocker there.  :)
Er, what?

I'd like some elaboration here.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 26 Oct  2009, 01:21
Strange as this may be to understand, this is not the Special Olympics.  We don't give points based on "how hard they try".
If you're refering to a comment I made in another thread, I was only joking.

But then again, maybe I wasn't. Maybe this is a Special Olympics crowd. To tell you the truth, the way people get around here, most of the time I think it is.

Of course, I'm joking with that comment. Or am I?!

FYI, you want to be careful with the Special Olympics jokes--they could get you in hot water... ;D

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=7129997&page=1&page=1

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 26 Oct  2009, 03:11
Er, what?

Er, don't be a stranger to sarcasm.  

Kinda like saying, if I agree with you, we would both be wrong.  ;D

Quote from: johnnygobbsSo the old Jennifer Connelly debate has reignited, this time on yet another thread.

Well I had to bite once her name was brought up.  ;)

QuoteDon't worry The Joker, I'm pretty much with you on this, both with respect to Connelly and with respect to the Hulk movies, both of which I liked a lot (unlike many critics unfortunately).

Although one thing I will say about Connelly is that her beauty in a given film is almost inverse to the quality of her performance (kind of like Charlize Theron in Monster).  Jennifer Connelly looked amazing in The Rocketeer, Inventing the Abbotts and Mulholland Falls, but her best performances were in House of Sand and Fog, A Beautiful Mind and Requiem for a Dream (I hear she is also good in Waking the Dead).  I personally have mixed feelings about A Beautiful Mind and Requiem for a Dream which was practically unwatchable at times (although I liked House of Sand and Fog a lot), but I can't deny that Connelly gave fine performances in those films, along with The Hulk, in which she and Bana invested genuine heart into what might have been a typical comic book story.

Yeah, she's quite excellent in "Waking the Dead". And I get what you mean on "Requiem". I'm pretty much in the same boat, it's one of those films where I don't find myself watching that often due to it's extremely bleak tone. Viewing the film, you just know this isn't going to end on a good note. But if anything, it very much pointed out the talent of Darren Aronofsky as a director.

QuoteToo many fan-boys go on about how they 'wouldn't hit that', when you know for a fact the only sexual intimacy they've experienced is with the palm of their hand.

;D  

Bingo.

You see 'em on alot of message boards. Funny little buggers.

Quote from: phantom strangerI think what Catwoman is trying to say is this:

Well played.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

There's a particular scene in Requiem for a Dream featuring Connelly that is particularly difficult to watch.  Anyone who has seen the film will know what I mean.  Suffice to say, although some (twisted) types might disagree, it's certainly not one of Connelly's sexiest moments on film.

I wouldn't recommend that film for anyone with a diagnosis of chronic depression...
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

i'll have to pass then. not that i've seen her in anything else besides that photo in this thread lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 26 Oct  2009, 21:44
i'll have to pass then. not that i've seen her in anything else besides that photo in this thread lol.

Watch The Rocketeer instead.  I reckon you'd like it.  Most people I know who have seen it do.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

she was in that? ok i've seen her then. lol.