Justice League - non-spoiler reviews

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 16 Nov 2017, 13:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 21 Nov  2017, 02:04
Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 19 Nov  2017, 16:55
The WW film deserved it's praise, and success, but at the same time, I'm sure there were sheep who intentionally softened any criticisms that may have been legit, in fear of being called a sexist, racist, or any kind of ist that gets thrown around commonly these days.
100%.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 19 Nov  2017, 16:55Oh, it's definitely a type of derangement syndrome when it comes to the hate Snyder gets. You could probably say Zack lost his entire family, and is currently homeless, and they still would have snark comments to make about him.
100%.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 19 Nov  2017, 16:55
Yeah, my desire to see a 'director's cut' JL movie more in line with Snyder's vision, and thus more consistent with MOS/BvS, is pretty great right now. Though I don't have much faith that it will happen. Suicide Squad got an extended cut and there was still alot that was missing. Which was a shame. The theatrical cuts can remain THE DCEU continuity if that's what they want, but a alternate version, of what could/might have been, especially since these films are CLEARLY being interfered with, would be a treat. Cater to the fans WB. Not the whining negativity. You're never going to win with them.
100%. 

They add Snyder's Knightmare Batman to the DC canon, but cowardly ignore this plot line in JL. Nah, this isn't going to win over fans like me. These studios need to change professions. They're not filmmakers, they're BUTCHERS.

"You know what....?

....I think WB is out of order".

You said all of this two years ago, and rightfully so...but fast forward today, you're now making defeatist comments saying fans and the cast and crew (!) campaigning for the Snyder cut is a waste of time. So much for you once saying you stood behind directors like Zack Snyder, not the studio.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your comments such as what you said today came across something like a corporate stooge would say, not by a fan.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The Laughing Fish - firstly, I know TDK is more than capable of speaking for himself - but I am not comfortable with your comments which appear confrontational. Secondly, if people aren't allowed to change their opinions over the course of 2 years then we are all in trouble regardless of the subject.

Sat, 23 Nov 2019, 13:14 #12 Last Edit: Sat, 23 Nov 2019, 14:10 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Sat, 23 Nov  2019, 13:09
The Laughing Fish - firstly, I know TDK is more than capable of speaking for himself - but I am not comfortable with your comments which appear confrontational. Secondly, if people aren't allowed to change their opinions over the course of 2 years then we are all in trouble regardless of the subject.

Changing minds over the course of time would be well and good, but given how outraged he was for months and seemed to take out his frustration at some posters for petty nonsense i.e. me, that's not something I'm just going to let slide. He can choose to not participate in something if he doesn't want to, but he doesn't get to belittle other people's efforts.

By the way, that goes without even mentioning how demonstrably cruel Warner has been over this entire JL debacle. I'm not going to tolerate getting talked down by somebody like TDK who knows how ruthless that corrupt studio is.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei