89 cowl FINISHED----PICS pg. 2

Started by Reevz666, Sun, 21 Oct 2007, 17:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 21 Oct 2007, 17:13 Last Edit: Sun, 20 Jan 2008, 21:45 by Reevz666
I'm working on the back at the moment, still trying to get the profile just right...and also trying to get everything clean and accurate...I'm really learning that taking breaks away from something that you are trying to copy works great...gives your eyes a chance to rest and also allows your mind to pick out flaws a lot easier..I'm headed up to NYC in a few eeks to have a bodycast made so I can begin work on the suit...but in mthe meantime here are a few pics of the cowl so far

Hi Reevz,
I was browsing your site earlier today.  Fantastic stuff.  I wish I was as creative as that!  Are you getting a body cast of yourself made? What does that involve?

Love the face on this one. Much sharper. How do you plan on doing the texturing? If you are.

Sun, 21 Oct 2007, 23:27 #3 Last Edit: Sun, 21 Oct 2007, 23:29 by Reevz666
Quote from: raleagh on Sun, 21 Oct  2007, 18:39
Hi Reevz,
I was browsing your site earlier today.  Fantastic stuff.  I wish I was as creative as that!  Are you getting a body cast of yourself made? What does that involve?

thanks for the compliments, I just wish I had more time to devote to sculpting...next year I'll have 10 times more updates for the site..keep watching  ;)

and as for the bodycast...I'm actually going to be using a friend of mine at the subject for the bodycast...it's a pretty involved process, and will require a small team of people to get it don..but once I get it finished I'll being on the armor right away ;}

Quote from: shadowbat69 on Sun, 21 Oct  2007, 20:28
Love the face on this one. Much sharper. How do you plan on doing the texturing? If you are.

thanks bro..I am in talks right now with someone who owns a piece of the real deal 89 cape to have them make me a texture stamp so I can use it on the scallops and neck area....I'm hoping that doesn't fall through..but I'll get that texture on there one way or the other

Quote from: Reevz666 on Sun, 21 Oct  2007, 23:27
Quote from: shadowbat69 on Sun, 21 Oct  2007, 20:28

thanks bro..I am in talks right now with someone who owns a piece of the real deal 89 cape to have them make me a texture stamp so I can use it on the scallops and neck area....I'm hoping that doesn't fall through..but I'll get that texture on there one way or the other

Dude, how awesome would that be! I never really noticed, is the texture on the scallops and neck the same as the cape?

yep, the texture on the cowl were from the cape

Nice! I've always loved the '89 cowl, it looks really medieval, which is great because he is the Dark Knight. Anyway, really well done!   

~Robin

Shawn how big will hiis be??

should fit like my last 89..but since this is the 1st time sculpting on this armature I'm going to have to actually cast one and see.

been workin' on the profile..and I'll have my real deal texture stamp for the scallops hopefully in a few weeks