Halloween '08 '89 Joker and Batman

Started by PJ, Sun, 2 Nov 2008, 16:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Sandman on Wed,  5 Nov  2008, 23:38
That really is just awesome. Where did you end up getting the Jack Joker costume there next to impossible to find.

I put it together myself. Not completely accurate.......yet. I'm a stickler for accuracy so I'll be upgrading as I go.

The hat is a licensed Joker hat from '89 and is very, very rare. It's a delux wool version and thanks to another member here, I was able to swap my one, which was too large, for his, which fits me perfectly.

Next is an orange satin shirt that I picked off ebay. Unfortunately, It's a womens shirt, so it buttons on the opposite side, but it looks right, so it'll do until I can get a gents shirt in the same material and colour.

The turquoise neck tie and handkerchief are made from silk, again bought off ebay. They should have big polkadots on them, but I can't find the material that has that exact pattern and colour.

The orchid was picked up from a garden centre.

The purple coat is actually a very well made wool version of the Heath Ledger coat. The Nicholson one was double breasted with a purple lining and had a lighter velvet upper collar, whereas the Heath version is single breasted with an orange lining. I'm having a double breasted one made, so I'll be selling this one when I get that.

What you can't see are the trousers, which are a green and blue plaid. Not terribly accurate, but in order to get the right material, I would have to get it specially woven, which will cost about ?600. Maybe do that last......

I'm currently making the waistcoat myself and the purple tailcoat, which is being made by my partners mum, will be completed this week.

The last thing is the shoes, which again aren't very accurate, but I'm having trouble tracking down the exact style Jack wears.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Cool dude, you really did and awesome job. And thanks for the help i been seaching forever for a Jack Joker costume, but all i could ever find esp lately are cheapo Dark Knight one's that are very crappy made.

Quote from: Sandman on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 10:01
Cool dude, you really did and awesome job. And thanks for the help i been seaching forever for a Jack Joker costume, but all i could ever find esp lately are cheapo Dark Knight one's that are very crappy made.

Well I'm always upgrading, so I'll let you know if I have anything to get rid of. It's like anything though, you get what you pay for and in order to get something that's accurate, you have to be prepared to dig into your wallet. Perhaps deeper than you thought.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Like I said, turned out great. Im glad the hat fit you, it looks good on you. Do you have a pattern for the waistcoat? If you ever find that turqouis poka dot material, you better share!lol Ive been keeping an eye out for that myself. Also, remember what I mentioned when it comes time to do the pants.

I'm shocked by how similar your bow tie and handkerchief's colors are to Jack's in the movie! You are extremely lucky.

If you'll mind my asking, do you happen to know what style of waistcoat and bow tie that is? I can't find any like them anywhere, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me find some.

Great work man!! ;D Congrats!
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.