Halloween '08 '89 Joker and Batman

Started by PJ, Sun, 2 Nov 2008, 16:24

Previous topic - Next topic
My son and I. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. ;)

"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Awesome, PJ.  Hope you had a HappyHalloween.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

What about that make-up? Tell us all about it.....please!

It's a silicone prosthetic appliance that I sculpted, moulded and cast on my own life mask. had some trouble with getting it on because some of my materials didn't arrive in time, so it's not blended as much as I wanted, but for a first time doing it, I think it's a pretty good attempt.  I shall be doing it again in a few weeks, so I'll take better pics then. In the meantime.....

The sculpt

Pore texture

At the end of the night when the glue was coming unstuck.

It looks great, even with the edges not blended.

Your son looks the business with his own suit  :)  Is he a Keaton fan?

Where did you go dressed up like that?

Sun, 2 Nov 2008, 20:08 #5 Last Edit: Sun, 2 Nov 2008, 20:10 by PJ
About two months ago he asked to watch B89 and as we're sitting there he turns to me and says

"Daddy, I want to be that Batman for Halloween."

I felt it my duty as a hardcore B89er to oblige. The two weeks later I was looking on this site when Keaton sits on my lap, spies a pic of Jack and says

"Daddy I want you to be that Joker for Halloween."

What could I do? No way in hell I could disappoint the coolest four year old in the world!

We just walked into town wearing the suits, but everyone we passed absolutely loved them. Keaton got completely into character too. It was fricken hilarious.

Quote from: PJ on Sun,  2 Nov  2008, 20:08
About two months ago he asked to watch B89 and as we're sitting there he turns to me and says

"Daddy, I want to be that Batman for Halloween."

Fantastic. About 2 months ago, my fiance and I were babysitting her 3 year old niece.  As soon as she walked in the door she made her way to my "office" (the messy room) and went straight over the my B89 DVD asking to watch Batman.  I don't know what put the notion in her head because she has never (as far as I know) be shown any Batman cartoons or movies.

I thought B89 might be a little heavy for her so I put Batman Forever on instead. She was glued to the screen, jumping up and down during the action shouting "Go Batman!".  I was so proud (according to my fiance I was "beaming").

Quote from: PJ on Sun,  2 Nov  2008, 20:08
Keaton got completely into character too. It was fricken hilarious.

Sounds like a cool kid.  I suppose he could really quote the line "I made you?! You made me first!"  ;)

those are frickin awesome, great job!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

COOL BEANS!!! That grin looks just like Jack!

That really is just awesome. Where did you end up getting the Jack Joker costume there next to impossible to find.